Subtle mods...

venusinfurs

Hi,

Very nearly got rid of my Audi A2 last week, sat in a 2006 Civic and loved my Audi A2 once again!

Just wondering what 'subtle' mods, i can do just to freshen up the car a little with still looking like an OEM A2, its a standard Audi A2 2002, 1.4 SE petrol with fogs.

I'm thinking rear tinted windows?

Anyone have a photo of a light blue metallic A2 with this done?

What about shades, blinds?

Last edited:
Hi,

Very nearly got rid of my Audi A2 last week, sat in a 2006 Civic and loved my Audi A2 once again!

Just wondering what 'subtle' mods, i can do just to freshen up the car a little with still looking like an OEM A2, its a standard Audi A2 2002, 1.4 SE petrol with fogs.

I'm thinking rear tinted windows?

Anyone have a photo of a light blue metallic A2 with this done?

What about shades, blinds?

I have just received from Germany a set of Heko Wind Deflectors £35.00 inc postage. All nice and shiny and tinted. I saw them fitted to other members A2's at AITP. I Thought to myself i have to get some so I did :rolleyes:. Haven't fitted them yet but a nice subtle mod they are. As well as hopefully preventing water entering the car after washing the windscreen, or after our climates regular impromptu showers. I will post some proud photos when i have fitted them to Klaudia.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191223716081&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I think a decent set of 17 inch audi wheels really enhance the A2. Some early S3/TT wheels look good imho.

I think a decent set of 17 inch audi wheels really enhance the A2. Some early S3/TT wheels look good imho.

thanks, i'll look into these...

the S3's in particular look good, i'm guessing the ride would be even harsher that it already is though :D

To be honest there won't be a massive difference. I've driven A2's with 15s, 16s and 17 in wheels and the 16's and 17's have a very similar ride in my opinion. 15 inch wheels make the steering feel much lighter but are just way too small for the shape of the A2.

Thanks guys, i've ordered the blinds (£80), a full set of genuine mudflaps (£70) and trying to decide on the wind deflectors... can someone try to convince me on these? They don't look tacky do they?

Anyway a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a new car ;)

Thanks guys, i've ordered the blinds (£80), a full set of genuine mudflaps (£70) and trying to decide on the wind deflectors... can someone try to convince me on these? They don't look tacky do they?

Anyway a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a new car ;)

I have been wondering about the wind deflectors, I can see that some people class them as tacky and some people like them.

The test is simple.

Do YOU think they are tacky? If not then go ahead !!! It is your car.

I personally don't think they are tacky, they are another way of personalising the car for a reasonable amount and they can be quite practical when the weather is bad (they help prevent drips from the roof when you open the door and allow you to have the window partially open when it is raining).

Steve B

Hi,

I like the effect of replacing the dim orange sidelights with White LEDs. I have had these in my car for 2 years without any problems:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/new_search.php?root_categoryid=&mode=search&search_string=501LED5XP

DSC03588b.jpg

(a dark car photographed in a dark place on a dark night... with the sidelights on)

I also have changed the headlamp bulbs for brighter ones. Its 100% legal as long as you fit ones with the same wattage (55W). I have Ring Xenon Ultima 120% brighter dipped beams and Osram Nightbreaker Plus main beams and I see a noticeable difference on the unlit main roads on my commute.

regards

Andrew

Anyone know if the wind deflectors with help with the thwappa-thwappa noise if only one window is open? Dog usually travels with us and is always wanting to sniff out the rear window on motorways. And the window roulette is annoying.

Aluminium pressed reg plates. Someone has posted about doing this on here, though can't find thread now, sorry. But I like!

Anyone know if the wind deflectors with help with the thwappa-thwappa noise if only one window is open? Dog usually travels with us and is always wanting to sniff out the rear window on motorways. And the window roulette is annoying.

I think the only answer for that is to open another window. Apparently its all abut the air pressure. But I'm not a scientist.

I've gotta have a say:D.....I thought wind deflectors were from a bygone areas before aircon where you needed to have a window open for ventilation but wanted to avoid the draft/getting wet at speed. Nowadays they're superfluous? And they ruin a perfectly lovely design. IMHO of course.

I have a set of 4 wind deflectors on my a2 I love them you can open the drivers and front passenger window with no more helicopter sound! But if you only have the rears open with them you still get the helicopter wind noise but open the fronts a bit As well and theirs no chopper sound :)
Iv been playing with mine recently Iv 3d carbon wrapped my bonnet and front grill, I smoothed my slated grill before wrapping it, I'll post pictures once Iv worked out how to upload from my iphone!? I plan to also "carbon fibre" wrap the roof wing worries and spoiled :)

Last edited:
Back