Door locks problems.

Captain059

A2OC Donor
Hi guys!

I wanted your inputs before I buy the parts.
It is now the 2nd I have someone getting into my car. This time they stole my work laptop I had forgotten inside.
I have enough now.:mad:
On my A2, the right rear door and the boot lock when using the remote, not the 3 others. I found last night that I can lock the driver's door by using the key. Doing that I also activate the alarm.
When running, the dash does not show any fault.
I am wondering if the 3 locks' micro switches are at fault:confused:
Has anyone any idea before I buy the locks?

Many thanks

Could be the convenience control unit. Best bet is to get a diagnostic done as it could be numerous items

there could be several related problems to this.

my problem was relating to a loose cable inside the door panel as all i did was disconnect one of the main cables around the centre of the door, which will need striped down (easy job). im sure i had a post some where which will explain in more detail. i would try this first before buying a CCU.

cammy

Hi guys
Thanks for the answers.
I had my CCCU replaced last year by Mustang owner. Jeff spend some time a dark winter evening to help me. At the time, he thought the door micro switches were shot. But I want to make sure.
The replacement of those is quite a job, so before I commit I wanted some advice.
is there a club member down South with the cable and the software for the diagnostics?
Many thanks

Hi I am in Trowbridge and have a cable and am more than happy to help. Have a couple of spares too which I would be happy to swap in and out to test any faults. It's a bit of a trek but I am happy to help if needed.

Thanks Paul
It's a 2 hours drive but I don't mind.
When would be the best time for you? Week end? Weed day?

Thanks again

This week is good up till Friday Lunch time then I am away for the weekend. If this does not suit I can generally do Fridays or weekends. Happy to help if I can and if nothing else to avoid you gong and buying loads of parts that may not fix the issue!

Back