Two weeks in

Albiej

A2OC Donor
I am now two weeks in after purchasing a Black 1.4 TDI in Castleford. This is my third A2 after a gap of a couple of years.
The car has 78000 miles, a full history mostly with Audi and it appears as if it has been well looked after. I had the cambelt and water pump changed last week and needs the driver's door check strap changed as its a bit noisy! The OSS is broken but water tight, so saving up for Tony at A2 Cars to rectify this. Inside is really clean too with hardly any wear.
I think it looks good, but then I am biased! :D
Albiej
A2-3.jpg

Looks better than when I looked at it - the seats are really comfy - luvly looking car. Have you been busy with the auto glym ?.

It does. I think it sets it off well.
It also has reversing sensors and bench seat with three belts which is ideal for me with three children..... When I let them in it!

The driver's door check strap was the first thing I replaced when I bought my A2. The clack-clack noise every time I opened the door was irritating to say the least. I ordered the part from Stoke Audi, cost about £40, and fitted it myself using the instructions on this forum. It was pretty easy so if money is tight, I'd say go ahead, do it yourself, you don't need to pay for labour and it makes a big difference to your enjoyment of the car!

Got the check strap done last weekend. Now sounds sweet! A friend did it with the guide from this forum.
The passenger electric window switch is now loose with a broken catch inside but it still works. Getting the part off Taz hopefully.
I have a list of things to complete but that's part of the fun!
I am going to garage it soon as the winters here can be really bad. I won't be using it in the salt and snow :cool:

The A2 is pretty good in winter to be honest. Salt is not a problem as the car is aluminium! And with a set of winter tyres, it'll go anywhere in the snow/slush.

I know it won't be a problem, but I have another car to use so to the garage it will go, only coming out on warm, sunny, dry days! :cool:

Back