Hopeful new owner

bobzzz

HI to all.

I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now and am looking to buy an a2. I made 4 appointments for tomorrow, but had to cancel as one that I really wanted already sold (1.4 tdi)

I am going to view 3X 1.4` petrol models two of which is just under 70k and the other one is 90k.

Most people are naysayers, and tell me to look for a new car. I however say nay to the naysayers and like most men think I know a good thing when I see it. I really like the look of the a2 and every time I see one, which is not often, I am get really excited for some reason.

I was thinking to buy other cars, because people told me I am not making a sensible choice, but then I saw one in the tesco car park and thought that I do not care what other people think or say. I like this car and am going to own one.

I saw that one member has a buyers guide(murdo?). I have read a lot about buying on here, but would appreciate if someone could message me the buyers guide.

Other than that I hope to be a active member on here, and to learn from the more experienced owners.

can forward a copy of murdo's handy guide, pm sent for email.

good luck with your purchase, "some say a2's are like a fine wine, mature with age".;)

sent it to your Hotmail on your profile account.

Last edited:
Good luck with the purchase and welcome to the forum. I'd suggest holding out for a TDi if they are in your price range. Having owned and driven both the TDi is a better car all round.

Received, thanks vespa. A whole load of useful info that can be applied to buying vehicles in general.

I wish I could wait for a tdi steve, but unfortunately I have to get one soon as I will move into a house in the coming week outside of the city and hence the reason I am buying a car. City centre living has its advantages, but I cannot raise my child in a flat.

I have had problems finding a2`s close to me and have to travel Glasgow and surrounding areas tomorrow to view the cars. But in the future I could always keep an eye out for one, and if I find a bargain buy it sell the one I will have.

Back