IKEA rubber pad

6stings

A2OC Donor
While my wife was shopping some plates and stuff, I found this cheap rubber thing which turned this 'everything falls out' compartment into a usefull one image.jpg

Wow! - an aircon control panel in perfect nick - as rare as rocking horse droppings. Congrats! Will look out for the mat when next @ IKEA.

Did you miss that minus sign was a bit rubbed off? Or is it a inside joke that I might have misunderstood?
Are oem unrubbed aircon panesl that hard to find or come by nowdays?
Knock wood mine is still in brand new nick! Should one have a look out for a spare to store for a rainy day?

Did you miss that minus sign was a bit rubbed off? Or is it a inside joke that I might have misunderstood?
Are oem unrubbed aircon panesl that hard to find or come by nowdays?
Knock wood mine is still in brand new nick! Should one have a look out for a spare to store for a rainy day?

It's no joke. There is much anguish over this but only applies to later models with the "soft touch" buttons. You cannot buy the buttons or the front of the panel on their own.

Put "worn buttons" into the search box and see numerous threads and solutions (e.g. using buttons from another Audi (slightly different look but more hard wearing) or buying stick on symbols from Germany.

I've put invisible sticky tape over my most used buttons when they had started to wear. I don't know what the long term consequence is of using the tape.

Soft buttons? I guess the lady who I bought the car from in April, had very sharp nails. The lights switch marks are almost scratched to white! Since the car was imported from Germany and the lights didn't switched on automatic when the engine started, she used that switch a lot.
I was more interested in removing the bubblegums, tictacs, m&ms, munch mellows, coffe and chocolate from cup holders, ashtray, between sats and central console, carpet, under the back seats... than replacing a scratched switch :)

Last edited:
Back