Help with potential CCU Issue?

lloydg

Hello All,

I'm a new to the A2OC and have recently purchased a 2002 1.4 TDI 75. I'm looking for a little help with a diagnostics issue.

It was purchased with a known issue of the electric windows working intermittently. Since getting the car home I have tried investigating the issue further using advice from various threads on the forum and during this time I have discovered the problem extends to the electric mirrors and the fuel cap opening unexpectedly.

I've had the door cards off and have removed and checked the plugs in the door modules but still the problems persist.

I then scanned the car with a basic OBDII scanner (not VAG-COM) but it read no errors.

The model number of the CCU is 8Z0 959 433 Q, which from reading these forums seems to be the most likely source of the problem (it seems they are quite prone to failure).

So I then disconnected the CCU and left for 30 mins, as I had read that on one of the suggested remedies, but to no avail.

I found a CCU with the same part number on ebay from a breakers, I've fitted this but this hasn't solved the problem either (I totally understand that there's no guarantee this 'new' unit was/is in full working order. Might have just been replacing bad for bad).

My question is, what should I try next? Have I missed something? Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Is the fabled Lau - Repairer of CCU's still offering his services?

Apologies for the very long post, wanted to give as much info as possible. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Lloyd

It really does point to the CCCU, having experienced it first hand on my Q unit too. It will get worse with the inside lights failing and central locking issues too.

What would you suggest my options are?

New unit from Audi?

Are repairs possible?

I had a similar problem and yes it was the older type Mr "Q" however, before you go to Audi why not contact Tony @ A2carsLtd I can guarantee he'll be able to sort something out with his expertise on the A2s :cool:
Have you found anything on the forum about him yet? if not here you go:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?87-A2-Cars

All the best,

Mo

Back