Hatch stuck locked

Hi Guys,

I've been having this problem for months now.
The rear hatch will not unlock from the outside most of the time, It started out as an occasional thing and I'd reach around inside to pull the internal release.
The problem is everytime I would disassemble the panel to have a look, it would start working again fine. I'd reassemble and it would work fine for a day or two and then stop again.
Now today I've taken another look at it and it's stopped working completely.

The problem is I don't know whether it is the solenoid that's died or the microswitch.
Can anybody give me some tips on determining which it could be.

Cheers

It will very likely be the solenoid that controls the lock, not the microswitch. This failed on mine recently. It was intermittently faulty, usually made worse if the car had been sitting in the sunshine for a while and it had warmed up.
The cure is a replacement solenoid.

Well, I've finally gotten around to ordering the solenoid and putting it in but it's still doing nothing.
I assume this probably means it's the microswitch after all.

Do I have to replace the entire assembly and remove the rear trim to do this? Is the switch and the locking unit a whole unit or separate things.

Cheers

when you work the boot lock do you hear anything at all?
If you have had it all off you should know the noise the solenoid makes or is there nothing?

Back