Paintless dent removal

fhl

I have just had Simon from Express Dent Removal work on my a2 to remove around seven trolley dings on my door panels bonnet and hatch. I cannot even see where they were originally now. This is the second time I've had Simon do work for me and I would definitely recommend him to others on the forum. He is based in Stretford, Greater Manchester and can be reached on 0800 998 9828 or 07767832255.

I used a PDR company a few years back with my A4 - some hooligan decided they would run across mine, and several of my neighbours' cars - mine was the first in the row and they jumped up first on the front wing, leaving a foot-sized dent. PDR was able to remove it completely, which I thought was amazing!

A personal recommendation is always a good sign of a job well done...any photos of before and after?

Sounds like an excellent job. Can these guys (generally) do plastic panels? I've got a dent in the wheel arch of my A2. I thought about heating it up while pushing on the rear side but wasn't brave enough to try!

Before and after photos. Sorry for the late reply.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418909472515.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418909472515.jpg
    883.8 KB · Views: 586
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418909520123.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418909520123.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 586
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418909579484.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418909579484.jpg
    882.5 KB · Views: 617
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418909609009.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418909609009.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 579
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418909691574.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418909691574.jpg
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 605
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418909740231.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418909740231.jpg
    919 KB · Views: 556
Not much amazes me these days but when I first tried a company like his I was truly amazed.
To see the dent completely disappear still leaves me gobsmacked.

Small dents are always a shame on a good car and you always know that they are there even if they are small ones.
To get rid of them really transforms the car, especially in your own eyes.

If you haven't used a service like this then I reckon that you too would be amazed.

Steve B

PDR is on the list in the coming month's, 5 small (OCD) imperfections, any issues getting down the door panels with the magic tools? worst one is rear quarter which is accessible by removing rear light.
anyone had door dings repaired on the A2 using the window channel and was it easily accessible or is removal of inner trims required?

A good PDR expert can get to most door dings via many ways.

I had a small ding at the top or the door and the guy accessed it by removing a black grommet on the edge of the door.

Door card removal is a five minute job once you have done it before. Three screws and pull the card from the bottom, unhook the lever cable and tweeter connector.

Personally i would remove any panels ready for the guy as some are a bit heavy handed removing panels...

I have a small ding in the rear door and roof to attend to. Not sure the can access the roof one without taking the lining out though

Depending where the dent is located and how flexible the lining is, if these guys can remove dents from a tiny hole im sure they can do this with a few inches access :)

Very kind, thanks Murdo. Am I right in saying that Aluminium is no different to work than steel with regard to dents? or certainly not as much of a speciality as repair work?

I had paint-less dent removal undertaken on my former A2; a parking ding on the rear o/s door. Fixed with the usual techniques and no problems. Like all work of this type, it depends on the location of the damage and whether the area can be reached/is double skinned.

That reminds me, I need to to get a very small ding taken out of my current A2.

I've just had a look on his Facebook page and website. I'm impressed, I'm going to contact him to sort out a ding on my drivers side door. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: fhl
Back