My first A2

Time for a formal introduction - been looking at A2's for over a year now, just something about them appealed to me, so move forward to 3 Jan 2014 - I got a letter in the post from my then employer of over 22 years to say I've been made redundant as company was put in administration. 11 weeks of hell job hunting and ups and downs trying to get by I started a new job and had also taken previous employer to court over lack on consultation - which I win in August and get a nice few grand compensation.

So the money I hadn't planned or expected to get was earmarked for a car - cheap runaround Fiesta, Corsa etc or towards a newer Civic 1.8 Vtec, In the back of my mind I wanted an A2 (much to the other half's objections). I view and test drove scores of cars and an awful lot of civics.

All the while scouring autotrader, A2oc, Gumtree and ebay for a good A2, nearly bought an 1.6 FSI on a few occasions, with all the gubbins Opensky etc etc - against advice to hold out for a good TDI

move forward to this Saturday, my local Honda dealer calls me to advise on a fantastic 2.2cdti with 30k on it great price and huge spec, get family all up ready to view with plan to buy, an hour before we leave he contacts to say someone else sold it between calling and us heading over.

All the while a A2 is advertised at a local ish main dealer, 1.4 TDI in grey 54 plate with only 55k on it priced at £4690 - lot more than I planned to pay for a A2 but feel as though with that mileage and how sought after they are it was worth viewing, chat to garage over price and get him down to £4190 incl 12 months own warranty prior to going to see them. So last night 2 buses each way and about 3 hours travelling i put a deposit down - was immaculate with fantastic history and documentation from the 1 local owner from new (had just traded it into them for a new Imprezza). (oh and dealer went halfers on the huge £30 per year tax :D )

I collect it saturday morning and will post some piccies of our new baby over the weekend

quick thank you also to Chris (vespa166) for all the advice and steering me to a TDI and Tony (quick) for the HPI check on a nearly purchased 1.6 fsi which ended up a Cat D.

Steven

Cheers Chris, sure ill bump into you out and about - and will keep an eye open in Cramlington for your car.

my neighbour just got a Renault Capture yesterday - was showing it off, tried to look impressed ;)

where can i get a A2OC sticker from?

Welcome to a2oc --great first post. I would think that this week is dragging, am I correct? Often people find it hard to understand why these little cars hold their money and get under your skin. But once owned it all makes sense.
If you fancy joining us for the last big car show of the year on sat 11th oct at castle combe circuit -you would be most welcome / full details in the socials section. Cheers Mike

Thanks - great to feel part of a friendly community.

will upload pics on saturday evening when i get bored driving around. Been without a car for over 2 years now, and its great to get something I want rather just anything going cheap and reasonable.

Doubt ill make Castle Combe though (had to google where it was), bit of a trek for me, maybe at the Croft meet (bit closer to home).

and yes the days are dragging a lot - was gutted to leave dealer last night and get bus home.

cheers everyone and sorry for the long post at the top.

Back