Help Buying 1st A2

Hi,

I am currently searching for my 1st car! At 31 I finally passed my driving test last year and since than I have been sharing a car with my girlfriend. The time has come though to buy and insure my 1st car and I have been looking for a car that is cheap to run and is reliable which the A2 seems to match perfectly whilst also looking great.

I have been to see the car advertised below tonight and it really looks great for the price but has had 7 previous owners which has put me off a little:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A2-S...9061503?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2595ebff7f

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as to whether you think this looks like a good one and whethr 7 owners for an A2 seems too many.

Hi it looks quite good my only oddity is that it has a "sport" steering wheel and gear knob but is an "se" car. But given the cars age it could have been changed either as the originals were worn and unsightly(high miles) or accident fired the airbag or the last owner wanted to change for aesthetics. As for the seven owners it could be like my fsi in that it was a pre reg audi car that was sold under the motorbility scheme , then that owner bought it from motorbility-i then had the car so i was the 4th owner yet really I'm the second.
Good luck mike
ps get it hpi checked-you never know

The sports wheel may have been chosen as an option - it will show on your option list in the service book or similar.
The sports knob - may have been from new...

Mine is the special edition - Sports Steering wheel was selected as an option - i also have the knob which i don't recall as choosing - but may have come with the wheel option or the sports seats option.

The sports steering wheel option code on the label is/was 2PV

T

Back