fsi 16

bobabout

hi guys my a2 every now and again is a sod to start not from cold ,but when its had a run ,it will turn over ,but not firer leave it for a couple mins and off she goes getting worse, almost like the fuel cut off is cutting in .i wonder if the trottle body needs cleaning any ideas would be very much appreciated :confused::confused:

It's classic symptoms of a failing crank sensor. A scan will show it up if you know someone with vagvom and is able to monitor its output. I recomend the use of genuine audi sensors as the FSI engine is a sensitive little thing. Cheers Mike

Try a new temp sender first. About a fiver and you can fit it yourself...If its on its way out, the engine is being told its cold and its supplying a rich mixture.

what's the part nr of this sender ?
My FSI pulls hard when cold (how it should, I'd say), but when warm, it seems some horses are sleeping :)

Hi, there are plenty of the temp senders on ebay. OEM ones are around £13.00 including postage. This part cured my 1.4 petrol of poor warm starting. Don't know if it affects loss of power when the engine is warm. Might be worth a try?

Let us know how you get on.

hi hank thanks for the info could you tell me were the temp sender is ? and do you no were i can get one ? once again many thanks ,i will let you no how i get on bob.

thanks mate will do can you tell me were on the engine it is

hi mate thanks for that and so quick .i will look on ebay ,could you tell me were on the engine it is.thanks again bob.

/

Back