Does anyone else have a 2002 1.4TDI that costs 110 tax a year?? or is it just me??

I don't understand I just can't find a model anywhere or evidence online that there was a 1.4 TDI made which has a co2 rate of 121 G/KM...making it a category D for tax.... so i have to pay 110 a year. So this makes me rather jealous of everyone else who is only paying 35 a year!

Any light on the subject would be great :eek:)

I don't understand I just can't find a model anywhere or evidence online that there was a 1.4 TDI made which has a co2 rate of 121 G/KM...making it a category D for tax.... so i have to pay 110 a year. So this makes me rather jealous of everyone else who is only paying 35 a year!

Any light on the subject would be great :eek:)

I am pretty sure that your tax should be £30/35 I have owned LOTS of A2 TDIs from 2001 onwards and never paid any more than £30/35.

I would check with the DVLA, they are a helpful bunch when you ring and ask for help.

For the cost of a phone call the worst you will get is a logical explanation, at best a rebate!!!

Steve B

I just checked on the DVLA site and it came back as

£30.00
Monthly cost: £2.63 – total: £31.50

Not sure if an imported vehicle might be a different scale?
What is the date of first reg? and does it mention anything about an import on the V5?

Steve B

The only issue with imports is if your import was made after some time in 2012 AND it was first registered in another country before March 2001, in which case you get no reduction at all, regardless of the CO2 emissions. Given that it is a 2002 model, this obviously doesn't apply.

RAB

Im fairly sure itll be based on options fitted to the car ......
Mine if i remeber was a co2 of 116 or 117. But after the " weight " of options it was 119 ( pretty lucky)

A tdi 90 is 119 to start with so its kind of easy to break the 120 co2 band

Does the car have oss ? As im sure that loaded it up

If i remember correctly the option list showed the added co2 you adding to the car along with the £££ of the selected option

Ok the memory wasn't perfect But pretty close

Brochure

It has this

The weight of a vehicle will influence the level of CO2 emission
it produces, as a result vehicles with higher specification and factory fitted options may emit higher levels of CO2. To assist you in calculating the CO2 emissions for your personal choice of Audi model and additional optional equipment, we have published the incremental weight in kgs for each model and its available additional optional equipment in the pages of this price list.
To calculate the CO2 emissions add the incremental weights for any additional optional equipment to the basic vehicle weight (this weight is for calculation purposes only and does not refer to any other vehicle weight). Look up this total weight in the appropriate band, in the CO2 tables opposite, next to your engine and transmission combination. The figure quoted is
then the guide CO2 emission for your personally configured Audi.

Thanks for your replies, I did question the DVLA but they just passed me onto audi....who haven't yet got back to me after 2 phonecalls!

My V5 does state that it was first registered in the UK october 2002. (and ONLY registered in the uk)

It also has on the vehicle details that the "mass in service" is 1188. Does this mean anything? Is this different to anyone with the 30 a month tax? Maybe it is the weight Rookie?

It sounds like a mistake for your car. My 03 TDi is as heavy as they get with OpenSky and the bench rear seat but it still falls into the £30/year tax barrier.
Complain!

Hi, just seen this thread. Many years back I got a file from the DVLA of all the A2s in the country (ex any owner details). There was quite a lot of obvious errors (5% order of magnitude from memory). Some of the errors could impact the CO2 and therefore duty.

I presumed it was due to dealers completing registration forms incorrectly or keying errors at DVLA. Why Audi and other manufactures can't send a file. Every car has a unique VIN number. Maybe they've dragged themselves out of the quill pen age by now ;)

Well, mine's a Jan 2002 tdi with open-sky, electric lumbar support and the ultra-heavy auto-dimming rear view mirror - but still only 119g CO2 and £30 tax.

I recently bought an Audi A2, 3-4 months ago, so just before the change in the tax system, meaning i kept the tax bought by the previous owner, so i just assumed all A2's were £30 a year to Tax but have since noticed mine is £110 per year to Tax!! I'm not impressed, so would like to hear your findings..

As per previous posts in this thread check the co2 rating on your v5c. Any UK registered A2 from March 2001 Y prefix onwards should attract the 30 quid tax rate

Ok thanks Spike,

Im still wondering why mine is more tax then? as its the same as yours! arghhhh!!

Maybe I shall go to the audi garage and pin someone down!

"You only own an old audi a2" this seem to be most audi dealers attitude if you own an old audi or they think you won't spend any money with them, this is a fact. Going there and pinning them down is probably the best way :)

I'm seriously intrigued with this one, Mine is £30 a year, but every time I buy parts for it I get the 'oh its an import' quote. So it appears there may be loads of reasons why yours is so expensive.....but.....surely there should be a xmas rebate for the years you've over paid???? I will watch and wait to see your outcome, Good Luck.

Back