1.4 petrol blown head gasket - advice needed

R0B

Hello all,

the head gasket on my a2 has just given up the ghost. amazingly its seems to have let go just as i got back on the drive so fortunately it hasn't overheated. had a look online and new gasket is £15 but just wondering if i need to replace the head bolts at the same time or any other parts for that matter?

Also, does anyone have a pdf copy of the head gasket replacement guide from the workshop manual they could pm me or post on here.

Thanks
Rob

Last edited:
I'd also fit a timing belt kit complete with tensioner and idler wheels, and a Water pump

Id be weary of a £15 head gasket. Plenty of people on here would only fit genuine Audi bits. At the very least, fit a decent aftermarket brand, like elring. Don't be tempted to fit a fai gasket. They are notoriously rubbish!

You can go on Erwin and print off parts of the service manual for the car for a fee (about 5 euro for 30 mins if I remember right) There's also ripped off copies on flea bay.

You will prob have to replace some other bolts anyway (Like the crank pulley bolt if that has to come off)

Hi Rob,

Genuine head gasket is just a shade over £38 inc VAT.
Head bolts are 10 x £10.50 inc VAT each

More parts than just the above though will be required to resolved the problem.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Jeff

Attachments

• Petrol head.pdf
    487.5 KB · Views: 397
Back