flashing glow plug tdi issue???

Mr Angry

A2OC Donor
hi guys,

ive read some threads regarding the flashing glow plug problem relating to the brake lights not working. having checked my brake lights i seemed to be suffering the same fate as others so i decided to take matters into my own hands by following these good instructions for the brake light switch!

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?7410-Location-of-brake-light-switch

instead of buying the part from glasgow audi at £18 odds and wait 5 days, which is ridiculous imo, i decided to open it by unclipping the bottom part of the switch (easy) and check it out. i noticed that the copper contacts on the bottom of the switch once you remove the spring section hidden underneath the plate had scorching marks! so all i did was rub it down and clean with wd40, reassembled and viola all working again!

however, i am still getting the flashing glow light problem. can this be reset via vagcom or do i have another problem?

i suggest you try this before splashing out £18 for this part as it doesnt really have circuits as such.

i wish i took photos to show you my scorched brake switch but since my hands were bogging (slang for dirty) i decided against this :(

but if anyone needs any help on this matter just pm or reopen any related thread :)

cammy

hi cammy, when I had my issue with flashing glow plug light, I changed stop and tail bulbs and brake switch, glow plug light remained on, eventually I went and checked all fuses and found a blown one but I can't remember which (sorry), once changed issue resolved.

worth a check;)

Back