Chat Finally an A2 owner

joeyquattro

Hi everyone. I've just bought my first A2 1.4 SE Petrol. I've been a massive fan of A2's for years. I've never really looked into the detailing of them before now but the more i read and discover the more I like.

I've been reading various threads on here for the last week and you all seem very knowledgeable and friendly. I'm very interested in doing modest mods such as the odd colour changes, fake floor mods, wind deflectors, lighting etc. So any help over here would be greatly recieved.

I haven't seen many pictures uploaded to here of peoples A2's. I'm always looking for inspiration.

A few things I need to put right first off are:

New tailgate trim... the old one has come away and on closer inspection is missing its handle and a few clips. Now it won't go back on without one side popping off.
The front interior light is missing its cover so need one if those.

There is a problem with the central locking in that when the engine is running including when I'm driving, it keeps activating. The inly way to stop it is to lock the car from the inside.

I think there is the fittings for the fake floor but you guys will have to confirm that for me.

I'm missing the centre caps from the rear wheels. Any advice where to get them would be much appreciated as Iam struggling to find any at a reasonable price.

I need to have a play about with the glovebox as it's loose so doesn't close properly.

My after market Head unit won't pick up any radio reception. I've seen a couple of threads where people have had the same problem so I'll give what they suggest and see how I get on.

If you've got any suggestions of things to change or look out for then please let me know.

Just a few snaps of my new ride and some of the problems I've encountered already...

A2 Edited.jpgA2 Edited 1.jpgA2 Edited 2.jpgA2 Edited 3.jpg

Welcome to the club. The clips you need for the tailgate trim are pennies from Audi.

The central locking issue is probably a faulty central convenience control unit (CCCU) . Contact Tony (a2cars) or timmus who I believe hold spares. This will be a fraction of the cost to replace from Audi.

There's hundreds of pictures of A2's in our gallery. Happy viewing and hope the repairs go to plan.

The engine management light just came on!! Gutted... got a week until a mate can come with his VAGCOM. Sad face indeed...

Back