Shout-out for Timmus.

tagscuderia

With a 2nd trip up to Lancaster pencilled in for Sunday, this is somewhat overdue!

There can't be many members on here that haven't benefited from Tom's knowledge at some point so it goes without saying that he's a big part of what makes this forum so useful. It's also very apparent from his signature that he's a dab hand with anything electrical; my A2 had the honour of being his first DIS upgrade/retrofit and it all went in without a hitch! He also installed the OE CD changer and I could not be happier nor recommend highly enough his work.
My 2nd trip is to collect and have installed blue leather sport seats that Tom snagged with my A2 in mind (if that's not service, I don't know what is); I haven't seen them but he's a perfectionist and if he'd have them in his car you can rest easy!

So that's a big thank you and a recommendation to all members looking at a retrofit or to be honest, just an expert's eye and opinion.

Many thanks,
Tom (a different one).

P.S, he's only 400m away from a good coffee house (Atkinson's, their Archetype espresso blend is in my top 3), yet another reason to look to him for fettling your A2!
Disclaimer: you might end up with an A2 that can only be described as 'fully loaded!' His enthusiasm is somewhat infectious, you have been warned ;) .

I can personally support Tom's impressions of Tom !!!

His attention to detail and quality is verging on OCD (in a good way, if OCD can ever be good!)

His love for the A2 is matched by his intelligence, skill, professionalism and knowledge.

I have sometimes held back from saying those words about Tom, but only because it sounds like there is an ulterior motive in such an OTT compliment but the words are genuine and only driven by the excellent work he has done for me on the Project.

So it is great to see that others share that view. Tom doesn't "blow his own trumpet" nearly enough (sounds a bit rude that!)

Cheers Tom (and stop blushing)
Steve B

Last edited:
Timmus recently completed 2 upgrades for my car. Rear electric window kit and an auto dimming rear view mirror. On the day after the Audi driver international meeting. I couldn't agree more with other posters. Tom's attention to detail, quality of workmanship, breadth of knowledge and all round nice chapiness :rolleyes: is to be admired by us all. Anyone that needs any upgrades doing should be 100% confident that Tom is among the best they could wish to find.
RNSE is next on my list and Timmus is the man I am going to go to when needed. (if he is not too busy)
All the best and many many thanks Tom and terrywindy (for the use of his premises for the work to be carried out).
Drew.

I can add to this fast-becoming 'love in' of a thread, Tom is a credit to this forum/club/A2 community.

Helpful, professional, patient, diligent... The list goes on. This could almost be a 'this is your life' moment.

I can add to this fast-becoming 'love in' of a thread, Tom is a credit to this forum/club/A2 community.

Helpful, professional, patient, diligent... The list goes on. This could almost be a 'this is your life' moment.

and cue the music..... "This is your life theme" :D

Classic.

Well folks, I'm quite speechless. Thank you all for your very kind and complimentary words. I am incredibly grateful.

In general, I tend to shy away from overt self-aggrandisement. For one, it's just not very 'me'; I like it when my work speaks for itself such that I don't have to! However, as a forum moderator with an investment in the club's management, I feel it's not wholly appropriate for me to indulge in promotion. As such, it's always nice when happy customers are willing to share their positive experiences.

Disclaimer: you might end up with an A2 that can only be described as 'fully loaded!' His enthusiasm is somewhat infectious, you have been warned ;) .

If those for whom I have done work are anything to go by, I think it can safely be said that A2 modding carries a risk of addiction! For me, there's a huge sense of satisfaction that comes from creating people's dream A2s. Finding your perfect A2 on the open market is becoming an increasingly difficult task, and I'm always delighted to help club members achieve their visions.

My 2nd trip is to collect and have installed blue leather sport seats that Tom snagged with my A2 in mind (if that's not service, I don't know what is)

With the aid of my elephant memory, I keep a rolling list of club members' desires in my head. Tom (tagscuderia) drives a Sprint Blue Colour.Storm that needed a bold but classy interior to match. Dealing with A2s on a regular basis, I stand a better chance than most of falling upon the niceties that people seek. Let me know which rarities would benefit your A2 and I shall lodge them on my list of things to look out for.

P.S, he's only 400m away from a good coffee house (Atkinson's, their Archetype espresso blend is in my top 3), yet another reason to look to him for fettling your A2!

Yes, I live very close to one of the UK's greatest premium coffee suppliers. The irony is that I don't drink hot drinks at all, but for the seasoned caffeine addict who likes a bit of quality, this comes as something of a benefit. I confess I do like it when Atkinson's are roasting beans as the whole of the centre of town smells of coffee. If only it tasted as good as it smells!

...and stop blushing

Ok, I admit I did blush a little. Again, thank you all for your kind words. :)

Tom

More praise for Tom.

Yesterday Tom converted my car's headlamps to HiD, and installed a second boot light.
In addition Tom fixed my "locked" rear seats; fettled the rear interior light (which I hadn't realised existed for my first three years of ownership:)); diagnosed and cured condensation in one of my headlamp units.

This evening I tested my newly illuminated car by loading it with fishing tackle, and driving home via unlit country lanes in the High Peak (Derbyshire). It is just the job.

Thank you Tom, and thanks to your family for their hospitality.

Andrew

Last edited:
Having spoken to Tom at the beginning of last year and PM,d him on a few occasions i have always found him to be a true gent. Thankyou Timmus for your knowledge and patience and a happy New Year !.

I have not had any reason to post for a long time on here, reason being............my A2 is running like a dream with no issues whatsoever, just short of 58,000 miles on a 55 plate. When I say no issues I lie, the air bag warning light is still lit and I was wondering if Timmus would be able to sort this out?

After reading the post about Tom, maybe its time I did the 40 mile trek up the M6 to let him have a shuftee at my motor,

Thank you Tom, and thanks to your family for their hospitality.

Again, thank you everybody for the positive feedback. :)

...I was wondering if Timmus would be able to sort this out?

After reading the post about Tom, maybe its time I did the 40 mile trek up the M6 to let him have a shuftee at my motor.

Absolutely! Please get in touch and we can arrange something mutually convenient.

Cheers,

Tom

I feel I have to join in this appreciation of Tom.
If anyone is wondering where the Jaipur Red 75TDI that Tom and Rob (Chumsofmanu)brought to Audi Driver International ended up, I can reveal that it's alive and very well and living in Stourbridge. It's been my daily driver for just over 2 weeks and 1200 miles.
I can confirm that the enthusiasm of both Tom and Rob is infectious and as a result an MFSW and OEM Parking Sensors were retrofitted by Tom before I finally collected the car. (And lots of other things as well).
The service and care I received was second to none and you couldn't wish for better promoters of the A2 (along with Tony, Robin and Mike who I met at Castle Coombe).
A proper introduction will follow when I work out how to add all of the cars options from the "drop down list" in "My Profile".

A big thank you to Tom and Rob. I hope you kept me an empty beer bottle!

Regards,

Gordon

Timmus is a lovely guy, i've spoken to him recently in the past few days about a few queries and he is ever so helpful, :)

Big up Timmus, :)

I feel I have to join in this appreciation of Tom.
If anyone is wondering where the Jaipur Red 75TDI that Tom and Rob (Chumsofmanu)brought to Audi Driver International ended up, I can reveal that it's alive and very well and living in Stourbridge. It's been my daily driver for just over 2 weeks and 1200 miles.
I can confirm that the enthusiasm of both Tom and Rob is infectious and as a result an MFSW and OEM Parking Sensors were retrofitted by Tom before I finally collected the car. (And lots of other things as well).
The service and care I received was second to none and you couldn't wish for better promoters of the A2 (along with Tony, Robin and Mike who I met at Castle Coombe).
A proper introduction will follow when I work out how to add all of the cars options from the "drop down list" in "My Profile".

A big thank you to Tom and Rob. I hope you kept me an empty beer bottle!

Regards,

Gordon

Congratulations on acquiring a beatiful A2. That is a lovely car.

Reactions: AJB
Back