New A2 owner

Spacek

Hi,
Been reading this nice forum for over a year now.
Lots of good information and nice people.
Bought my A2 about a year ago and its been a tru pleasure. My A2 is 1.4 petrol, black and I think its sport model.
17 inch wheels and sport seats ( not leather ). Now it has 105 000 miles on the clock. Also 15 inch winter wheels wich are highly needed here in Finland.
The car is from Germany originally and been brought here by a dealer where I got it from.
I owned a VW golf and A class Mercedes before and must say that this is much greater car than those two.
Comparing it to A class MB it has so much more quality and overall its a way better car all the way.

I had couple of small issues with it at last winter. It leaked both oil and coolant in cold weather.
But it needed only the change of breather valve gasket and few connectors and after that its been ok.
Also in cold weather the gears 1 and 3 in gearbox don't operate too smoothly ;)

Anyway before and after I bought my A2 I've been getting lot of good information from this forum.
Been more than happy that I changed my much lesser driven A class to A2. Always puts a smile on my face cause its such lovely piece of work.

btw. my English aint the best.

Hi,

I had couple of small issues with it at last winter. It leaked both oil and coolant in cold weather.
But it needed only the change of breather valve gasket and few connectors and after that its been ok.
Also in cold weather the gears 1 and 3 in gearbox don't operate too smoothly ;)

A very warm welcome to you and your car. A gearbox oil change at the next service, will definitely improve the gear change and help ease the problems you have been experiencing. Check if there is a different transmission fluid/gear box oil that is more suitable for colder climates. I changed my gearbox oil and the notchy/grinding 3rd gear issue I had when engine was cold has now been eliminated.
Btw my Finnish is even worse.
Safe driving in the cold and snow.
Regards,
Drew.

the help and advice given by forum members is very useful in keeping our cars on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Hi and welcome :)

Your English is better than most of the natives here, especially the youngsters!

I guess it gets pretty cold in winter in Finland, what with that big landmass called Russia next door. Do you keep it in a warm garage or have a plug in heater? I've noticed in Sweden the places in the parking lots have electrical connection boxes to plug in car heaters. I've always wondered if they are free.

welcome :)

whats more special about this forum compared to others is that people here are dedicated to find and fix a problem should it arise, lets hope you dont have too many ;)

personally i have not came across a better forum than this for cars....lets hope this continues, which im sure it will :D

now too list some of my own problems now.......lol

cammy

Back