DIS upgrade speedo change

Redtom

A2OC Donor
Hi,
My question is if I change the speedo clocks to a set that has full DIS.
Do I have keep the mileage that is on the used speedo clocks.
As I have managed to find a set for my son's car at a nice price.

Many thanks.

Tom

Hi,
My question is if I change the speedo clocks to a set that has full DIS.
Do I have keep the mileage that is on the used speedo clocks.
As I have managed to find a set for my son's car at a nice price.

Many thanks.

Tom
There are companies that will change the mileage to that of the original speedo, one is http://www.dashtechservices.co.uk/ in the London area, but there are others, just google Audi Speedo mileage change, or similar.

I think they offer a mobile service too.

Steve B

Hi I hope your aware that it will not just plug and play? It will have to go to an Audi dealer (or someone that can read and set the codes) to have the clocks matched to the ecu otherwise the immobiliser will not work and slow the car to run.
Cheers Mike

As has been said, there's a lot more to do than just changing the cluster.

Adding wiring into the loom and adding an extra connector, coding the cluster for the options of your car, coding the immobiliser, mileage correction, addition of the correct wiper stalk and if you're not adding the bulb/washerbottle monitoring you'll need to take that into account.
Also, you'll need to make sure the cluster is correct for the type of A2 it's going in to (1.4 petrol, 1.6 petrol, 1.4tdi tank size).

Lots to think about when taking on this mod.

Tony at A2 Cars isn't too far from you (Milton Keynes) and he done this mod for various owners, so might be worth giving him a call for a quote if you're unsure if you want to proceed doing this as a DIY job.

Cheers

Jeff

Cheers

Hi,
How would you go about adding the bulb/ washer-bottle monitoring, is there parts that I need to get from the donor car.

Thanks for the help,

Tom

The donor car is same as my son's model (03 petrol)

Absolutely everything that you need to know is here, on this Forum! Just search under what is appropriate .... "DIS", "instrument cluster" , "retro-fit" .... just a few suggestions ..... There are probably more ....

David

Hi Tom,

Retrofitting DIS is a fairly complex procedure, with many more hurdles than just an incorrect mileage display. In the past, DIS retrofitting has involved the retrofitter (to add the necessary wiring, components, etc), an Audi dealership (to solve the immobiliser issues caused by exchanging the instrument cluster) and another company able to do mileage correction. However, if you're looking for a one-stop shop capable of doing everything, send me a PM. :)

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes, in partnership with Timmus, we are able to offer any or all of the required services for a DIS retrofit at our premises in Staffordshire. 'In-house' services include supplying and adding the required components, recoding the instrument cluster to solve the immobiliser issues as well as performing mileage correction.

If you would like any more info please contact either myself or Timmus. Feel free to call my business - WOM Automotive - on 01538 807708 if you'd rather talk than type.

Cheers

Rob.

Full DIS (Fahrerinformationssystem) with mph speedo

Hi all,

I'm ususally writing on the german A2 forum and I planned to add a DIS to my A2 1.4i.
Therefore I found one of the really rare speedos containing a full DIS - but unfortunately it has a mileage tachometer.

I know that it is possible to change the miles to km with VCDS and the mile-scale could be changed 1:1 to one with a km-scale.

But I think this would waste another rare mileage-DIS and that's why I'd like to ask you, whether anyone of you wants to add this speedo to his A2.

In origin it comes from an 1.6 FSI, but it should even work perfectly in the 1.4i.

If you like the pitman arm and the vehicle loom is also available - just send me a PM.

Pardon me, that I add this offer here, but I was not able to open a thread in the market area.

Thanks for your time.

Greetings from Germany,

Mankmil
20150203_175903.jpg20150203_175926.jpg20150203_175936.jpg20150203_175946.jpg

That is amazingly thoughtful of you and hopefully one of our 1.6 FSI owners on here may be able to sort something out with you.

But the way, the 1.4i has a different range on the tachometer and so I don't think that this can be used on a 1.4.

The rev counters / tachometers have different ranges as follows

The TDi has the red line just after 4,000 revs (approximately)
The 1.4 has the red line just after 5,000 revs (approximately) and
The 1.6 has the red line just after 6,000 revs (approximately)

The moderators on here are very sensible and I am sure they will help with the concern you have about the marketplace rules.

We hope you will return to our forum and become active on here too, if you have time?
and some pictures of your A2 would be great thank you.

Steve B

Just had a thought! (I am a little slow sometimes)

To convert your speedo display to KM, you can swap your dial face "sheet" from your original cluster to the DIS cluster, that should sort out the KPH numbers on your dashboard and then you just have to switch the milometer readings to KPH which I am sure can be done with VCDS as you mention.

So you may be able to use it on your A2 after all (if the rev counter will not present a problem as you believe)

Steve B

Thanks for your kind reply. :D

What you described is exactly what I wanted to do (before I got my A2 3L). The rev counter can be changed from miles to km via VCDS/VAGCOM.
The reason why I offer it here, is because I don't need a FIS/DIS anymore (because my 3L already has one :) ).
So I asked myself, where to offer it. The DIS/FIS speedos are rare in D as well but I think there are even more km DIS on the market than mile ones. So I'd like to ask you first.

Also thank you for your invitation, to become more active here. I think thats a good idear. I'll introduce myself a bit more in the corresponding thread. :)

To get a short impression how I came to my A2 3L have a look into the german forum: http://www.a2-freun.de/forum/showthread.php?t=49947

Thanks for your kind reply. :D

What you described is exactly what I wanted to do (before I got my A2 3L). The rev counter can be changed from miles to km via VCDS/VAGCOM.
The reason why I offer it here, is because I don't need a FIS/DIS anymore (because my 3L already has one :) ).
So I asked myself, where to offer it. The DIS/FIS speedos are rare in D as well but I think there are even more km DIS on the market than mile ones. So I'd like to ask you first.

Also thank you for your invitation, to become more active here. I think thats a good idear. I'll introduce myself a bit more in the corresponding thread. :)

To get a short impression how I came to my A2 3L have a look into the german forum: http://www.a2-freun.de/forum/showthread.php?t=49947

Fantastic,

I am sure that someone on here would be very interested in the DIS (FIS as it is known in Europe as you say)

My German is almost non-existent but

Vielen Dank (or whatever it is )
and willkommen

Also we have sections on here for German members too and we have even had some of our Germn members come over for some of our events in the UK.
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?15-German

And a few very knowledgeable 1.2 owner members in the UK too

Cheers
Steve B

Last edited:
Back