Wheel arch damage

simes2024

A2OC Donor
Some buffoon in an EON transit van backed into my parked A2, resulting in wheel arch denting and some bumper scuffing.
Am still waiting for EON to accept liability; my insurers suggest I just get the work done anyway while they "chase them up"
Anybody with similar experience have any comments or suggestions?
Should I wait for them to pull their finger out (whenever that will be) or should I be more proactive?
I'm told there's a strong possibility the dreaded 'Category D'will be slapped on my motor.......

IMAG0649.jpg

looking at the pic of the damage I'd suggest there's no chance of your car being written off. The damage looks to be only some paint and a replacement rear arch. I'd imagine repair work will come in at under £1000.

Cheers

Jeff

Have you had the damage assessed? To my untrained eye the rear bumper is out of alignment. Has the rear os alloy been damaged, or was it scuffed already; is the rear suspension affected?

If you leave it to the insurers to sort out they may well choose to write off your car. I would seek legal advice to anticipate this response from the insurer.

Andrew

Not assessed as yet - I was under the impression the insurers would send out an assessor but apparently not, I have to do that myself.
No wheel damage, scuffed already. Light cosmetic impact to the wheel arch - I think the bumper has merely popped out of it's clipping.

Have you had the damage assessed? To my untrained eye the rear bumper is out of alignment. Has the rear os alloy been damaged, or was it scuffed already; is the rear suspension affected?

If you leave it to the insurers to sort out they may well choose to write off your car. I would seek legal advice to anticipate this response from the insurer.

Andrew

Back