ESP light coming up and car sliding into corner

chubuking

Took the audi out this morning and the esp light was flashing a couple of times as I was driving just before changing gear but it wasn't on continuously so I thought nothing of it. However, coming up to a bend at around 40mph turning into the corner the car felt like it was sliding at the front towards the other side of the road and esp light starting flashing continuously at that point, but once I passed the corner and corrected the weird slide feeling the light went off. When I began to accelerate again the esp light was flashing as the car began to rev over approx 2500 and this was when I was driving on the straight. I stopped the car immediately had a quick inspection around the car and tyres are in very good condition and nothing looks out of place and restarted the engine and set off again. I went around another corner and the same thing happened again the esp light was flashing and the car felt like it was sliding again!! I stopped and had another inspection of the car paranoid there is something up and I left the engine off for a good 10 minutes. Afterwards the car was fine and the light didn't come up again and I really drove it hard in terms of braking and manoeuvring and managed to do an emergency stop to see if the ABS was the issue but everything seemed to be fine??

Anyone ever had an issue like this before? I was driving within the speed limits and it happened as I was turning left into a corner but not the other way around and I must also stress that there was no spillage or any debris on the road!

Have you checked your tyre pressures?

A low pressure on one of the tyres could easily cause this.

The other option could be that there had been a diesel spill on that corner, especially if there is a petrol station nearby and a trucker had overfilled?

Steve B

Just an update apparently it was a diesel spillage on the road and a couple of people actually went off the road. Took it to the garage anyway and everything seems to be fine on the little audi !

Just an update apparently it was a diesel spillage on the road and a couple of people actually went off the road. Took it to the garage anyway and everything seems to be fine on the little audi !

Crikey,

That is the first time I have been right in AGES.

Thanks for the update.

Steve B

Back