Error code on engine light.

Hello yesterday i have engine warnig light. Read the code from vag com and its (17586 Linear O2 sensor; Pump Current Open Circuit. P1178-35-10- --Intermittent). I chek the cable on the Lambda sensor it seem ok.The i clear the code but after cold start it cames right back ok. What to do from now new lambda sensor ? The car is 2002 1.4 AUA engine. PS. i chek only the lamba sensor in front of the engine ,is there another one ?

So first is to chek "Check Voltage at connector coming from ECU to O2 sensor between pin 2 an 6,
spec 0.4V-0.5V Check resistance on connector of O2 sensor between pin 3 and 4,
Spec 2.5-4.4 Omh" And if i find anything working what's next? But i can't understand the error code is it for the sensor in front of the motor or the sensor at the bottom of the car ?

Last edited:
I think the general comment is that a lambda error may be caused by another fault and one that may not be picked up by vag-com. Best to check for other faults before you buy a new sensor.

RAB

Today i chek the probe heating for continuity at Lambda probe connector contacts 3 and 5 and it's seams ok 0oms of resistance. Chek also Set multimeter to measure voltage and connect Start engine and run at idling speed. Measure the voltage supply: and its 12.5V. Then i chek the wiring for open circuit between testbox and 6-pin connector using current flow diagram. Contact 1+socket 5 and iv mejere 0oms ? I test 0oms on 1 and 5 pin on the connector is that right? My fuses are OK "test them all"? So wath to do next ?

If you have no other faults, you probably need a new lambda probe.

RAB

Today i chek the probe heating for continuity at Lambda probe connector contacts 3 and 5 and it's seams ok 0oms of resistance. Chek also Set multimeter to measure voltage and connect Start engine and run at idling speed. Measure the voltage supply: and its 12.5V. Then i chek the wiring for open circuit between testbox and 6-pin connector using current flow diagram. Contact 1+socket 5 and iv mejere 0oms ? I test 0oms on 1 and 5 pin on the connector is that right? My fuses are OK "test them all"? So wath to do next ?

Is this the pre or post cat lambda?

I have a brand new post cat lambda spare if it is that one.

Steve B

10x Birchall but in the weekend im going to clean the o2 sensor and drosel furst, if that dont help im going to bay a new one :(

Back