Chat SPOtted this rare A2 1.2 tdi for sale

taz

Banned
Hello, spotted this little gem today,
its a tdi 1.2 with power steering, start/stop function and climate control..
does it belong to any anyone on here:
Reg no: FA54

its road tax free.

Ended up buying it as I always wanted one:

it was Doctor owned...

Last edited:
Odd. I don't see them either and images edited from the original post. Rare car indeed.

Why is this so rare?
I've seen a lot of A2 1.2TDi with both power steering and AC, I'll even go so for as to say that it's quite common here in Sweden.
Though there are only 267 A2 1.2TDI over here.

Last edited:
here in uk i've only seen 3 so far,
a white, silver and blue one,

correct me if i'm wrong.

Taz

Sorry we Britishers should clarify that it's rare for the UK - Audi never in fact officially sold the 1.2TDi in the UK, never made it Right Hand Drive. There are known to be a handful of 1.2s in the UK at most, all through private import. I've never seen one on the road, and only ever seen one for sale in the classifieds.

Why is this so rare?
I've seen a lot of A2 1.2TDi with both power steering and AC, I'll even go so for as to say that it's quite common here in Sweden.
Though there are only 267 A2 1.2TDI over here.

Ah, thanks for the info. :)

Sorry we Britishers should clarify that it's rare for the UK - Audi never in fact officially sold the 1.2TDi in the UK, never made it Right Hand Drive. There are known to be a handful of 1.2s in the UK at most, all through private import. I've never seen one on the road, and only ever seen one for sale in the classifieds.

I think spike was joking, if you click on the link and scroll through it comes to your car pics on photobucket. I think thats what he was referring to.

Exactly right Steve. I blindly followed the photobucket link in the original post, saw the red 'angel eye' pics, put two and two together..........and made 5.

Apologies taz

Spike

Ended up buying the car, i'll post more pics once ive cleaned it up.
ive owned a lupo 3L for around 2 years, and always wanted a audi 3L.

my 3L lupo

Lupo 3L next to my lupo 1.9TDI.

Lets hope the audi 3L is as economical and good drive as the lupo....

TAZ

Last edited:
Excellent. I've toyed with the idea of buying a 1.2TDi a few times as a 2nd car but never plucked up the courage to do so. Enjoy!

Hello, all the A2's are kept in my sight, drive 3 each day, and other 3 in a well lit garage.

Last edited:
Back