Information Isit possible to change DIS language to English

taz

Banned
Hi I recently bought a 1.2 tdi A2 and the dis is in in german language I think,
can this be changed to English language or do I live with the german language...

taz

The instrument cluster can be coded for different countries. Some of the more sensitive features can only be done at the Dealers with the car linked to Germany but for the more basic stuff it may be possible to do it with VCDS

If so, it's just a case of recording the existing cluster code then changing the country digit. Rest of world LHD or Great Britain would be the obvious choices - but it just depends if the system is too smart and won't allow this mix and match approach

These are the options

Germany (D)
RoW/Left-hand drive
USA (US)
Canada (CDN)
Great Britain (GB)
Japan (JP)
Saudi Arabia (SA)
Australia (AUS)
RoW/Right-hand drive
JP/Right-hand drive

Cheers Spike

The instrument code is a 5 digit number
The third number from the left is the country code (0 for Germany) (1 for ROW-LHD) and (4 for Great Britain)
My code is 09430

Your 1.2 tdi may be something like 00035 so you could try 00135 or 00435 - I'm sure you get the idea.

Cheers Spike

My understanding is that this can only be done by a dealer using a new instrument cluster and once the car has covered a certain distance, it cannot be changed. I had mine fitted by Audi Worthing - my local Audi agent refused to do it! Your existing instruments will be illegal anyway because they will not show MPH and the person who imported the car will have signed an undertaking to modify the car to conform.

RAB

Hello, my 1.2 tdi is uk registered and has a MPH dial on top of the existing instrument cluser, making it legall I think.
its got dis but I'm unable to understand german language.

Hi Taz,

Nice find with the 3l 1.2.

I'm sure you're working tonight, but a shame you couldn't make it to the end-of-year meal/social as I'd have re-coded the cluster for you.

I'm sure you already know someone with VCDS, but if you get stuck just give me a shout and we'll sort something out - it's an easy thing to resolve.

Cheers

Jeff

Back