Back with the Colour Storm

alanb

A2OC Donor
Well, after a few months of looking, I've settled for an 80,000 miles 1.4TDI 75PS colour storm.

IMG_0534.jpg

I'm just tidying up a few things - fitted some overmats - carpet front, rubber in the rear.
I plan to add Komfortblinker and heated mirror lenses next week.

I've just taken a look in the space below the passenger footwell. I can see that the car has retro-cruise - I can see the add on to the loom.

There is also a box which I don't recognise - I have attached a picture (arrow points to box in question) in case anyone recognises it or has clues.

It has a metal base and a plastic cover, and a loop of PTFE tape keeping it closed.
It looks like it has just been fitted here for convenience. It has no obvious Audi markings, but a label on the underside says Volkswagen Audi Group.
A tuning box maybe?

IMG_0550.jpg

Anyway, it's good to be back. Swapped my 25mpg Golf R32, for the A2 which has done two tankfuls at 55mpg. Sweet!

All the best

Alan

Hi Alan

Most tuning boxes plug into the injector loom on the cylinder head so your 'mystery box' is unlikely to be that.
Info on the number of wires coming from the box and where they connect to may help identification

Cheers Spike

Komfortblinker in. Phew, my hands are too big for this.

Overmats in - carpet front, rubber back.

Cracked rear light to replace tonight ...

Then the radio debate. Am I that wedded to DAB?
I do need a way to play podcasts. Just remembered I have a parrot Bluetooth kit on the shelf. Maybe a good stop gap as I like the original head unit look.

Later ...

Back