Webasto fault code

Gonzo

A2OC Donor
IMAG0260.jpg

Just collected the car from my Indy after having a new Alternator and belts fitted.

I asked them to check operation of the aux heater as it felt slow to warm up in the recent cold snap.

They did a scan and have me the attached readout but we're unable to test the heater as the ambient down here was 7 deg C and above.

They've cleared the fault and have suggested I monitor it. So.......

What does the fault and description mean and how can I check this myself (without VCDS)?

Last edited:
There is no way of checking Webasto fault codes without running a diagnostic scan but since the weather is getting colder it's worth waiting to see if it fires up.

The fault code literally means there is an issue with the glow plug or related wiring. The glow plugs are not available from Audi as a separate part and if faulty it means buying a burner module (probably about £300+)

There is more general info in this thread - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?15463-Webasto-repairs

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike. Looks complicated and expensive! I'll keep a further eye on it during the colder weather and see if I can physically hear/feel the heater working.

Parts are readily available from Ebay. It's a case of finding the Webasto model number on the unit. Glow plugs are £20.00 or thereabouts.

Thanks for all the replies on this - I've persuaded myself its working now!

I've used the car several times today, starting from cold / nearly cold three times. Every time I can hear what I can only assume is the Webasto humming away in the background and the cabin seems to warm up pretty quickly. Definitely a noise that was not there in warmer weather.

It was psychosomatic after all!

Back