My early Christmas present.

johnmed

A2OC Donor
Santa has been awfully kind to me, and now I am considering finding a new owner for my A2. Part of me wants to keep the A2 (forever) and another part of me feels sad with it sat there all lonesome on my drive. I haven't driven it since buying the A8.

Anyway, I've been after an A8 for some time. I missed a couple of black ones, and had to settle for this grey, which is growing on me, it has to be said. Here's some pics I took shortly after picking the car up:

It's a one owner car w/ FASH. To say it's been well looked after is an understatement. Has the spec I wanted, bar the elusive B&O sound system. I've fitted an AMI the other night which will plug into my iPhone and/or USB stick/HD.

I've had the car a week now and I had a chance to give it some welly in N Wales yesterday. The torque, the Quattro all wheel drive and the way this thing swallows miles is just unreal. Up steep sharp hills the thing pulls like an aluminium train. Right from 1400 revs, with minimal engine/exhaust or exterior noise. Rolling starts from low speeds to 40-50mph are hilarious. While not he fastest car I've owned, it is by far the best. Delivering similar MPG to my old 2 litre Clio RS, but the size of a continent, and a boot roughly the size of Wales.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Hope you enjoyed the read. John.

Looks great! Enjoy your new Audi. If you decide to sell the A2, you might find yourself looking for another in a few months!

Glad you have found a great car!!!

I found the A6 surprisingly good, the A8 must be even better. Top notch comfort and quality.

Well done

Steve B

Looks great! Enjoy your new Audi. If you decide to sell the A2, you might find yourself looking for another in a few months!

Thanks mate. I know. I'm torn. Part of me wants to put the A2 in the garage just in case. The A2 REALLY does get under your skin. The other part of me thinks it's such a waste, sat there getting old!

Glad you have found a great car!!!

I found the A6 surprisingly good, the A8 must be even better. Top notch comfort and quality.

Well done

Steve B

Thanks Steve. It is a beast. 6 speed 'box and a shed load of torque makes it quite, quite addictive...

Beautiful car. Never driven the last couple of generations of A8. I did have the pleasure of a couple of days in a lovely spec 2001 model years ago and it was impressive.

John - have you those seats adjusted way back for the photos or are you about 7 feet tall. :D

Beautiful car. Never driven the last couple of generations of A8. I did have the pleasure of a couple of days in a lovely spec 2001 model years ago and it was impressive.

John - have you those seats adjusted way back for the photos or are you about 7 feet tall. :D

Cheers Murdo. The D3 is quite lovely. I'd have loved the current gen A8, but the wife would have rightly killed me if I'd spent that kind of money!

And yeah, that's my usual seating position. In fact I even fit in the back behind 'me' so to speak. First car I've had that luxury. This is part of the reason I've bought the '8, me and my boy (his Mum not so much) are a bit too big, as he grows, for the A2. At least on long journeys anyway.

Enjoy, I had the pleasure of owning a D2 for 3yrs or so and in excess of 100k, without a doubt the best most comfortable mile muncher out there by a long way, and possibly one of the best kept secrets in the previously enjoyed arena. Although mine was only a 2.8 fwd it swallowed trips to the Czech republic on 4 or 5 occasions and still returned mid 30's mpg. I still regret selling it even with 235k on the clock and still going strong but I harboured a desire for a daimler six, the 8 was definately better!! Hopefully I shall once again be in possession of another 8 early in the new year.

Enjoy, I had the pleasure of owning a D2 for 3yrs or so and in excess of 100k, without a doubt the best most comfortable mile muncher out there by a long way, and possibly one of the best kept secrets in the previously enjoyed arena. Although mine was only a 2.8 fwd it swallowed trips to the Czech republic on 4 or 5 occasions and still returned mid 30's mpg. I still regret selling it even with 235k on the clock and still going strong but I harboured a desire for a daimler six, the 8 was definately better!! Hopefully I shall once again be in possession of another 8 early in the new year.

Nice to see it took the miles so well Emmett. Was that petrol or TDi?

Whats tdi???? Petrol on a run was superb alas around town it murdered the juice, needed a tanker behind you. I really couldn't fault it, after changing the belts when I got it the only expenditure was tyres and fuel. I bought it as an experiment to see if I liked it or not thinking if I didn't I could get out of it without losing bundles and wound up keeping it for 3+years, fantastic car, can't praise them enough.

Nice, I love the A8. I was looking at them myself until I decided to get a big dog so now have an Octavian estate vRS. A2 now used occasionally. Enjoy the car :)

Just a little update.

In addition to driving 4,000 effortless double glazed and heated seat miles, I've updated the satnav maps (2015 Western Europe), replaced the Pirellis all round, installed AMI with USB and figured out (with help from a member on the A8Parts Forum) how to select 'tourist solution' in Vagcom for driving in Europe:

No sticky plastic things on the headlights next time we drive to France, and hopefully the road will be illuminated and not have the usual shadow from the sticky plastic!

John

Back