Can anyone help with a translation please?

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
i,

Could I ask a favour please?
I have bought the Auto headlamp kit from eBay for my A2 (mentioned in a recent post ) and the instructions are in German.

The Google translate is helpful but some important words seem to be confusing?

Could I ask if you could go to the link and possibly translate the instructions for me please? (especially the bit about the red wire????)
The eBay item and installation instructions are here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3312300525...:MEBIDX:IT

Thank you (Vielen Danke?)

Steve B

The listing has been removed apparently. The link isn't working. Otherwise I would have had a go for you.

Hi,

Thanks for the offer, it seems to be working properly anyway.

It seemed to indicate something about a red wire but it is simply plug and play and worked straight away.

Vielen Danke (I do hope that is right and not a swear word!)

Steve B

It looks as though the forum is shortening the link...

... what's the item code? Or go to www.tinyurl.com and generate a short link?

Have you tried just shoving the text (whatever it is) into google translate?

https://translate.google.co.uk/?hl=en
Hi Dal,

I think the seller has changed to a new advert and I can't find the new one. If I follow the link or enter the item number I get to see the advert, but that is because I bought it and I get to see the old advert.

I tried google translate but it sometimes gets important words mixed up.

It talks about "position lights" (when translated) and "Flashing lights" etc. so it really needed a German speaker to translate it into real English.

But as I say, it all seems to be working correctly at the moment.

Thanks
Steve B

Ah - okey dokey. Hopefully a native German speaker will offer their services :)

The original text is as follows

1. Vor dem ersten Gebrauch, bitte auf Fabrikeinstellung zurücksetzen. Einstellung wie unten gezeigt: AUTO--0--AUTO--0--AUTO Positions- und Abblendlicht blinken, Zurücksetzung ist beendet.
2. Die Stromquelle der Leaving Home Funktion ist das Positionslicht, deshalb ersetzen Sie diese Lampe bitte mit einer 20A, falls Sie eine Xenon Lampe benutzen oder Ihre NSW viel Strom brauchen.
3. Das rote Kabel ist der Leaving Home Funktion Jumper und sollte mit dem positiven „+“ des Blinklichtes verbunden werden. (Bitte nicht mit der normalen Spannung verbinden, da sonst die Nebelleuchten und das Positionslicht bei Dunkelheit ständig leuchten)
4. Bitte stellen Sie sicher, dass der Sensor an einer gut beleuchteten Stelle angebracht ist.
5. Das Modul speichert die Lichtbedingungen wenn Sie das Abblendlicht einschalten. Wenn es dunkel ist, benutzen Sie es so: AUTO-- Vorderlicht --AUTO-- Vorderlicht —AUTO, danach leuchtet das Positions- und Vorderlicht einmal auf und speichert die aktuellen Lichtgegebenheiten der Umgebung. Wenn die aktuelle Lichthelligkeit höher als die ist, bei der der Sensor das Vorderlicht anschaltet, schaltet sich das Vorderlicht nicht von alleine ein. Falls die aktuellen Lichtbedingungen allerdings innerhalb der gespeicherten Lichtbedingungen sind, wird das Vorderlicht automatisch eingeschaltet.

The translation from Google is nearly good enough but some phrases are confusing, Google states it as
1. Before first use, please reset to factory setting. Setting as shown below: AUTO - 0 - AUTO - 0 - AUTO position and low beam flashing, reset is complete.
2. The power source of the Leaving Home function is the position light, so you replace this lamp with a 20A please if you are using a xenon lamp or NSW need a lot of power.
3. The red wire is the Leaving Home function jumper and should be connected to the positive "+" of the flashing light. (Please do not connect the normal voltage, otherwise the fog lights and the position light in the dark glow constantly)
4. Please make sure the sensor is mounted in a well-lighted area.
5. The module stores the light conditions when you turn on the low beam. When it is dark, use it like this: auto- motive headlight headlight --AUTO-- -AUTO, then the position and front light flashes once and stores the current lighting conditions of the environment. If the current light brightness is higher than that at which the sensor turns on the light front, the front light does not turn on by itself. If the current lighting conditions, however, are within the stored light conditions, the front light is turned on automatically.

Cheers
Steve B

Well I'm not a German native, and I've not spoken much since my year in Karlsruhe in 95 but the google translate looks fairly good. I'm thinking blinklichte might be indicator/emergency flashers and position lights.. Don't know so I'm not going to guess.

Not much help after all, sorry.

Well I'm not a German native, and I've not spoken much since my year in Karlsruhe in 95 but the google translate looks fairly good. I'm thinking blinklichte might be indicator/emergency flashers and position lights.. Don't know so I'm not going to guess.

Not much help after all, sorry.

Hi,
There is certainly no need to apologise for trying, thanks you for that.

Steve B

Back