Chat Another benefit of A2 ownership - MOTs

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
Hi,

So far in 13 years of A2 ownership and during that time having 5 in the family I have had to take them to the MOT station LOTs of times

I reckon at lets 50 visits in all.

In EVERY case the car has passed first time and with only the usual "rear shock absorber dust protectors loose" advisory several times (to me the one design flaw in the whole car, and that is no big problem)

Just took my wife's car for today and, of course, the record is intact.

Can you just imagine how much money this has saved me over the years?
Even the smallest jobs, such as wheel bearings (small on other cars) and track rod ends etc. soon mount up.

So this is yet another (often overlooked) benefit of these great cars.

Steve B

Good to know and cant wait to get into another A2. (Still looking for the right one)

I bought a Peugeot 207 diesel early this year as a temporary runabout and at mot time it cost me £280!!! A 2008 model too!

Good to know and cant wait to get into another A2. (Still looking for the right one)

I bought a Peugeot 207 diesel early this year as a temporary runabout and at mot time it cost me £280!!! A 2008 model too!

that is a bargain! i always loved the peugeot 205's had two of them, both being the gti - 1.6 sky blue and a red 1.6 convertible, great little fast cars. my dad had the 205 diesel years ago and that thing was rock solid. if it wasnt for my sister crashing it they would still have it.

cammy

sorry i misread it lol my dyslexia kicked in ;)

cammy

Why is it that they named the problem Dyslexia, quite a difficult word to spell?
Do you think they had a sense of humour?

I can't resist a joke now though,
I used to be dyslexic
But just for a short spell !!
(even I wouldn't use the "but I am KO now", one)

Steve B

Back