Fellow A2OC members, HELP needed

Maso

Here is the story of something I want to share with you and with some of GB members to maybe help me figure out.

There is a site here in sweden where people can post their cars on the net and show it off with pictures and descriptions.

What I have come across is that this particular guy has figured out that there is a specific BREMBO caliper that would fit on the A2 with no any big modifications.

The problem is that the guy doesnt want to share what he has come across so Im hoping that some one here will figure this out for us all as Im of big interest in upgrading my brakes on my A2.

What I can share is that the brand STOPTECH actually offers pads that will fit on the A2 and they work superbly for road use and ar not at all that much that expensive to what effect they give on the car. They last longer than oem's, they grip better than oem's, they dust less than oem's.

STOPTECH is highly recommended as I use on all my cars that can have this modification. Use it on both discs and pads on both my BMW's with only good feedback to give. They pinch so much better and last so much longer than oem as on my BMW it has a countdown to how many km's before my pads and discs are worn and once i fitted the STOPTECH discs and pads they lasted way longer than oem.

Any how here is a pic to demonstrate the brembo sitting on the A2 1.4i.

large_338017-3403499.jpg

Also what I would like to share is his spec description of what the car is fitted with, some info might be poorly translated as I used google.

-----------------------------------------------------------
The car was purchased July 15, 2013

Power / Torque (short facts)

75 hp / 126 Nm

Engine, gearbox and exhaust system:

Engine;
1.4 liter inline 4 cylinder.
BMC Rear

Transmission & Driveline (fwd):
5-speed manual.

Power and performance (input)

-

Chassis:

H & R Coilovers
H & R Motorsports stabilizer bar
Ibiza Cupra front rear support arm bushing
Ibiza Cupra sway bar bushings
Stertman Motorized wheel alignment

Wheels, tires and brakes:

Rims;
Ronal 17x7,5 Audi S3 8L Original rims (12.3 kg each)

Tires;
Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 215x40 17 "

Brakes;
Brembo front
Tech Stop brake lining up
Stertman Motorsport AB brake hoses front
Motul RBF600 (brake fluid)

Interior / Furnishings:

All interior lights are LEDs.
A2 S-line gear knob.
A3 three-spoke steering wheel with associated airbag (S3 look)

Audio and Multimedia:

Audi Original kassetbandsspelare

Exterior / Styling:

Xenon dipped
PIAA 2600K / Yellow fog lights
PIAA 2600K / Yellow P-light
PIAA 5600K / White main beam
LED license plate light
Audi A2 late 2002 wiper arm and blade
OES Black Audi badge front and back.

Future plans:

Fix some paint details.
Renovate the rims.
Decor.
Fade boxes, smoke-colored.
Fix some form of improved stereo.
Rear anti-roll bar.

Other:

Use car that will roll around 30000+ km a year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This guy is pretty active Nürburgring driver with some pretty good timelaps with his Porsche911/964 RS, his time is 7min & 45seconds.

Some more pictures of his A2 just to share for the sake of it :)

large_338017-3403502.jpglarge_338017-3412653.jpglarge_338017-3412654.jpglarge_338017-3432367.jpglarge_338017-3437038.jpg

So please chaps/lads/fellas/guys/dudes, lets put our knownledge together and figure this one out. ;)

Last edited:
Hi they look good and like you i also want to know what they are from. Could they be from a skoda vrs ? lets get searching and find these. cheers mike

Now i have enlarged the image the pad doesn't look right--are these not just the plastic covers fitted over standard callipers?

The skoda vrs calipers haven't got a brembo logo, they are just painted fancy coulers from factory. That a2 is nice tho!

Hahahahahahhahahahahaha, damn. How could have I missed that.

That would actually explain in a way why he doesnt want to share the info as it would show that it was fake.

Nicely done. Will try and find a way to bust him & see if he cracks.

Spike, not all the same Calipers as the BREMBO ones.

Maso, I thought your objective was to find a big brake solution so did not think the Brembo calipers were a 'must have'

The links however give a good starting point as fitting 'TT' hubs allows the use of bolt on caliper brackets which in turn leads the way to finding a Brembo kit which works with the disc size used on your A2.

Cheers Spike

Maso, I thought your objective was to find a big brake solution so did not think the Brembo calipers were a 'must have'

The links however give a good starting point as fitting 'TT' hubs allows the use of bolt on caliper brackets which in turn leads the way to finding a Brembo kit which works with the disc size used on your A2.

Cheers Spike

Ah didnt see it that way. Thanks for the clearer picture.
Will read through it again. Thnx Spike.

Alan

Back