New A1 Sportback

Lanny

A2OC Donor
Picked up the wife`s new A1 Sportback from Halesowen Audi last Monday, and WOW what a car :D

She`s had almost every extra you can get on this (much too clever for me) and first weeks impression is Fantastic :cool:

She`s even had the Open Sky Sunroof, that I talked her out of when we bought the A2 :(

I only wish she`d had the leather interior, ready for when I inherit the car ;)

Only downside is the A1 is petrol, and wifey has 15 years of putting diesel in, so am fully expecting to be using Audi Assist :rolleyes:

I can recommend these to anyone - A brilliant motor :D

Hi Lanny,

Yes they are a great car.

I too ticked every possible option on the list (Came to £29,000 - for an A1!!!!)

But I missed the character of the A2 and so after two years in an A1, I went back to an A2.

Since I couldn't buy a new A2 when I got rid of my A1, I had to build one (hence "the project").

But as I said, that doesn't mean the A1 is anything other than a great car, I still recommend them to people whenever they are considering a car in that class.

Good luck with the fuel changeover, I accidentally put £10 of petrol into my A1 diesel but filled the rest of the tank with diesel and took a chance and got away with it, but I believe that diesel in a petrol is not as easy as that.

Steve B

Congrats on the new car!
Like Steve, i have owned a few A1's 1.6tdi S-Line and a specced up 2.0tdi Black Edition.

Great cars, but as Steve said... It is missing the character of the little A2.

I would buy another one and of course keep the A2!

Last edited:
Back