Anti-roll bar bushes replacement with Polo ones

Hello All,

I have spent an hour or so reading through the threads on the ARB issues and am almost certain the knocking/rattling on the drivers side is attributed to this problem or design fault!

I have found out that many people are changing the plastic ARB bush to a rubber one usually fitted on Polo's/Roomster's etc. Here is one I have found on Ebay and has a 20mm ID but from what I can gather the a. roll bar is 18.1 mm dia. Will this but suitable or is it too slack?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221545612765?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I gather that a mechanism is needed in the form of a collar or pipe/jublee clip in order to keep the bush in its position. Will a Jubilee clip do even if it doesn't look like a pro's done it? I saw someone had found a collar on RS website but I can't find that and it is probably too expensive and hassle. I also don't want to upgrade the entire ARB as I like the car but don't intend to through money at it as my VW T4 Camper is my baby!

Expect other's would like to know the summarised in a nut shell guide on this matter as there is about 8 years of threads on this issue.

Cheers

Aaron

Yes that 'Brett' fella's guide is the one that I was mostly reading. He had found a polo one with part number V6Q0411 314N and I searched on Ebay and could only find the one I had linked to. I may have to go to VW as Brett did as only £5 ish.

In terms of fitting the new bushes I am unsure about how to slide them on to the ARB. I don't want to take the entire ARB off as there is a guide on this but its a big job. Do the new bushes have a slit in on side and simply clip on or do they have to be threaded on? I understand that people cut the old plastic ones off but can't see how the new bushes are being fitted in a simple fashion!

Thanks

The rubber bushes are 'split' so they can be opened up and slid over the roll bar without removal.

Cheers Spike

cool saves a lot of bother if they are splitted! I asked the seller re the Ebay one but they said they can't give out that sort of info! Thanks a bunch I thought it was a product 'feature' and would seal the deal! Mind you the bushes are only a fiver so can't blame them for not going that extra smile!

Nice one guys

Back