Redirected to myfilestore.com?

LordTJC

Recently when loading the A2OC website I keep being redirected to myfilestore.com. It happens on both my iPad and computer. Is it just me or other people getting this too?

Tim

Happened a couple of times to me too, using Google to find certain threads and has happened on an iPad, a Mac and a PC. If I hit back and then follow the same link it works, not sure why every now and again it's redirecting to myfilestore.

I have not experienced it myself on iPhone -iPad -MacBook pro-android devices. But I just googled it and it can be malware in vbulletin software. So I will raid the problem to our web master. Cheers Mike

All fine here. Try Tapatalk App on your iPad.

Do you use a PC or Mac?

I use a Mac. (I dual boot with windows xp though, so will try that).

It only seems to happen when coming from Google. If I go straight to a2oc.net it works fine.

When it happens, if I go back a page and then try again it works fine.

Tim

It could be a fake a2oc google advert? So it redirects people to another site.
It's a genuine link but with a (hijacked) redirect for no apparent reason. Odd given that it was experienced across 3 different devices and 2 browsers. Think that it's only occurred via Google.

The URL that I get redirected to has /download in it and it says the Resource can't be found. I think it's an attempt to get people to download something malicious but it has been taken off of the download site.

I googled it and what other people have experienced on other forums sounds like the same thing, so as a2sumo says I think it could be an injection of malware into the forum/vbulletin software.

Tim

It's a genuine link but with a (hijacked) redirect for no apparent reason. Odd given that it was experienced across 3 different devices and 2 browsers. Think that it's only occurred via Google.

I just tried from Bing and the same thing happened. But directly going to a2oc.net works fine I think.

Tim

I have had a couple of incidents where I've clicked on the results of a search and ended up on a completely different site. This is with google though. I thought it was just fat fingers... Suspicious.

Chris

I had a brief look earlier and couldn't see any issues with the files on the system. I'll check the database content in case something's been embedded in there.

Ben

I can't say I had this problem only going to A2OC pages. Seemed to be happening randomly. I generally use tapatalk for reading the forums. And yes it was mostly on the ipad too.

Might be a google issue and not an a2oc problem as such.

Any update on getting this fixed?

It's still happening. It's a know Vbulletin hack. There are step-by-step cleaning instructions here:

http://club.myce.com/f20/vbulletin-myfilestore-hack-find-traces-remove-them-332219/

thank you for the feedback Jetboy. As per the post from Ben this is being looked at. As the site is run by volunteers with families and day jobs it sometimes takes a little longer than you'd expect from a business but we're a family not a business!

Wee bit patience and it'll be good as new.

I'll take another look today. I had already checked all the obvious points of entry (we don't use vbseo), and all system files are sound. However I've not looked in the DB yet so that's my next step.

Ben

Hi folks,

Hopefully all sorted now. Let me know if any of you get it again.

Ben

A wee message of appreciation for Ben who went above the call of duty yesterday (and on his birthday) to fix the software bug that was redirecting users to other websites.

Our quiet man in the back office has ran the technical side of the club and been treasurer for near 10 years so while nobody is indispensable - without Ben's hard work in the background its fair to say the club would be pretty stuffed.

Thanks mate. :cool:

Back