RNS E Engineering mode

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
Hi,

I have always wondered where the "Loudness" setting was on the RNS-E but there didn't seem to be one.

I find the sound quite "tinny" at low volume levels, even with maximum bass set and so the "loudness" setting is exactly what compensates for that.

I finally found it in the "Engineering menu" of the RNS E.

To get into the hidden menu you switch on and select NAV then press and hold the button that is "top left" of the 4 selection buttons around the central selector knob (hold it down for 10 seconds) and then let go and then immediately press the "top right" selection button and hold that until the hidden menu appears !
Some people have found that they have to restart the RNS E using the radio / Setup and return buttons (I think that is the right combination?) and THEN select NAV and use the buttons mentioned. But try it without first.

RNS E Engineering.jpg

In the Audio/tuner menu you will see the one that says something like "radio test 3" that will show you some additional settings including the "loudness" setting on/off.
BUT, mine was already set ON and so that was a little disappointing, but at least I know where it is now.

What I would REALLY like to find out is how I can set my RNS E to ALWAYS Mix the tracks on my SD card. Every time I switch the unit off or switch the ignition off I have to reselect "MIX" the next time I play the tracks, that is starting to annoy me now!!!

Steve B

Last edited:
Back