What's missing?

ajsellors

A2OC Donor
Hi,

just been washing my car and when cleaning round the bonnet area I noticed that the drain from the bottom of the windscreen just pours water over the engine.

DSC03644b.jpgDSC03645.jpg

Surely there must be some kind of pipe attached to direct the water somewhere else?

Does anyone have a photo of what the missing part looks like and where the water should be going?

regards

Andrew

Hi,

Yes, the pipe is missing that takes the water away from the components under the bonnet.
I don't have a picture to hand and it is dark at the moment, but perhaps someone else has a picture already?

You should be able to get this item from anyone braking an A2.

It should be replaced ASAP or the water can start to cause corrosion problems.

Steve B

I thought I would finish off the thread by posting the "after" picture.

Here is the drain pipe fitted and attached to the side of the air hose such that the water now drains safely onto the under-tray and away from the engine.

DSC03732.jpg

The pictures above also showed me that the grommet which goes round the wiper shafts wasn't fitted in the hole in the plastic cover and was instead sitting below the hole. This had been letting water run over the wiper motor. This also has been repositioned to the correct place.

regards

Andrew

I thought I would finish off the thread by posting the "after" picture.

Here is the drain pipe fitted and attached to the side of the air hose such that the water now drains safely onto the under-tray and away from the engine.

View attachment 19028

The pictures above also showed me that the grommet which goes round the wiper shafts wasn't fitted in the hole in the plastic cover and was instead sitting below the hole. This had been letting water run over the wiper motor. This also has been repositioned to the correct place.

regards

Andrew

Nicely done and a great little mod, very neat!!!

Steve B

Looks like a trip to B&Q is in order, the pipe looks identical to that used on caravan waste water pipework, the pipe from the bonnet drain looks to be leaking around the connection to the collection cup upon further inspection either that or it has a small split in the pipe

Attachments

• IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 271
Back