Fully digital LCD dashboard mod

These types of fully LCD programmable dash are standard on the new Mk3 TT and the new Lambo Hurican - imagine we'll be seeing them on lots more cars as and when which will no doubt reduce the price!

These types of fully LCD programmable dash are standard on the new Mk3 TT and the new Lambo Hurican - imagine we'll be seeing them on lots more cars as and when which will no doubt reduce the price!

They have been on rangrover for two or 3 years now to, I think you can change the pictur to different things like a sun set etc that come up when you open the door/unlock the car

Hi guys, I'm the director at Zada Tech. Before I start let me just clarify that this is in no way advertising for our products, just a bit of clarification.

Price might seem high, but that's only an estimate for 1 unit, we can produce these in high numbers which will bring the price down considerably. In other words the first unit is always the prototype for a particular car.

We can do any graphics also.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

Hi guys, I'm the director at Zada Tech. Before I start let me just clarify that this is in no way advertising for our products, just a bit of clarification.

Price might seem high, but that's only an estimate for 1 unit, we can produce these in high numbers which will bring the price down considerably. In other words the first unit is always the prototype for a particular car.

We can do any graphics also.

Thanks.

I would love to have this in "the project" but I would think that unless we can get enough others interested I just won't be able to afford it.
To get a number of interested people together we would need some kind of idea as to how much the price would come down.
I can't see more than 10 people wanting them at even a low price, many people on here stay closely to OEM and I support that approach, but for cars like the project and the air ride A2 (perhaps? ZipnJeff?) it would be a nice "special touch", but that does mean that we won't get large numbers.

It would help tremendously if we could find out just how many people would be needed to get to a significantly lower price.

To me, anything over £1,000 would probably be out.

We also have to remember that a new standard A2 dash cluster is in the region of £600 or so anyway.

The problems we are likely to have is the fact that the cluster on an A2 houses the electronics for things like the immobiliser. Perhaps this type of dash retains the existing cluster apart from the dash "face"?

I am interested to hear some realistic information.

I personally welcome the input from zada-tech on the forum, I am not taking it as any advertising, just an offer of information?

Steve B

Dear Steve B.

Prices would depend on the size of the LCD and the amount of functionality that would be needed on the screen.

For the A2 I'd say 7-8 inch LCD(s) would need to be used to be able to fit them nicely.

Our target market is hot rods (mostly USA), project cars and cars that are being built from ground up so they can design the dashboard to accommodate our screens. Nevertheless we can make them work. Hence why it's best to place our screens on top of the already existing dashboard to hide it away so that we don't mess around with immobilisers etc.

Most of the data is obtained from the OBDII/CAN Bus but we have some hardware if the data is not available through OBDII/CAN Bus or the car doesn't support this. Things like the idiot lights (parking lights, indicators etc) would need to be hardwired to our controller box to be recognised when turning on or off.

Average MPG and data like this would work based on the data that we receive from the ECU and apply our own algorithm.

Of course the digital dashboards will allow us to integrate extra stuff like boost gauges and other readings if needed.

Back