2nd cluster broken...

tagscuderia

So here I am again. Some of you may remember this issue from <2 years back and well, it's reared its head once more :( .
Recap: my original cluster/clocks/dashpod developed a rare fault that no one could get to the bottom of besides Audi stating an "internal fault with clocks." The trip odometer read "FUSE" (fuse 1 blew if the cluster was connected), remote central locking and niceties such as the radio turning on/off with the car all stopped working but the cluster itself continued to work.
I picked up a brand-new 'exchange' part off Ebay and had Audi Liverpool install it. Everything fixed and a nice upgrade to full DIS.

Present: 2 weekends back my new cluster developed the exact same fault! Identical regards symptoms et al and it's been in for less than a year. Given that putting a new cluster in fixed it, the fault has to be with my car's electrical system -- even though diagnostics say otherwise. And I don't understand the timing.

Given the cost of new clusters, putting another one in that may break in <1 year just isn't viable. However given that it was an 'exchange' part from Audi Germany and that it was installed by a dealer, do I have a leg to stand on there? Tom/timmus did put in the extra loom, but I may keep that to myself.
Any ideas how to approach the dealer is appreciated or indeed possible fixes to a problem seemingly unique to my car :( .
Cheers all,
Tom.

In my view any claim would have to start with the seller in Germany but I'm not sure if they support the 2 year parts warranty as we have in the UK.
If they were an official Audi dealership and the part meets their warranty terms then the fact that it was fitted by Audi in the UK gives you a fair chance of replacement.
If you have proof of purchase and all the conditions are met, Liverpool Audi may act as an agent and help with the claim

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike, it's one of those scenarios that I feel like I need to have an idea of where I stand rather than aimlessly wandering into a dealer and crying for help.
I bought it off a UK seller (I've emailed regards proof of purchase etc etc etc) but it came in the original shipped box straight from Audi Germany. Being a new genuine part (albeit exchange) I presume that it comes with some sort of warranty no matter how I acquired it but... that is a worry.
Might just book the car in for a "complimentary winter health check" and explain it whilst I'm there.

Back