Replacing window switch

TYP 8Z

I just managed to get hold of a brand new bezel and windows switch :p.

In order to replace the existing one, do I have to remove the armrest only or the whole door card needs to come off?

Any advise would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Andy

You need to take the door card off and access the switch unit from the back of the door panel.

The armrest is quite firmly attached and can only be removed with the door card off (and don't remove the armrest anyway, you are likely to cause yourself a lot of extra work.)

And remember some blue-tack to hold the main door card bolts onto the driver when you reattach the door card. (you can do it without, but you may lose the screws inside the armrest/panel!!!

Steve B

I need to take my door card off too. Is there a guide about Steve?

My door hinge is loose inside the door... I think there must be loose bolts in there.

I need to take my door card off too. Is there a guide about Steve?

My door hinge is loose inside the door... I think there must be loose bolts in there.

The door hinge bolts are completely external.

The ones on the door side of the hinge are just difficult to get to because of the foam covering and also because you can't get a normal Torx driver in there.

You just need to use the torx bit by itself and use a small ring spanner (or mole-grips if you are careful) to turn the torx bit to tighten the bolts.

Steve B

My cabin is already super-pristine, but with this is going back to 2003! IMG_8808.JPG

What's the P/N for that, if you'd be so kind? I'd love to replace mine. Also, did you get it from a dealer?
P.S, does anyone know if you can get blanks for the rear where the electric windows switch would be? Need to do a conversion to manual and am pondering how best to accomplish it to a good standard.

The best solution is for you to swap them with someone who is doing the conversion the other way.
Much better than modifying yours and plenty of people want the rear electric door panels.
Steve B

The best solution is for you to swap them with someone who is doing the conversion the other way.
Much better than modifying yours and plenty of people want the rear electric door panels.
Steve B
Completely agree Steve but they're the blue grab handles to match the blue leather sports. Not many around and given the costs associated with rear electric conversion, is it that popular? Odds are not in my favour I'd guess.

Completely agree Steve but they're the blue grab handles to match the blue leather sports. Not many around and given the costs associated with rear electric conversion, is it that popular? Odds are not in my favour I'd guess.

No harm in popping a "wanted" thread on here, you never know.

Our Daughter's A2 has the same door panels as yours, but cloth seats. She would like a blue leather set of seats, but is not expecting to find any (and since I normally have to help out I am kinda glad of that)

Steve B

Hi Andy

I am looking for one black for my car.
Could you give us the part number?
Many thanks
Herve

Sorry, I asked before reading the end of the post. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back