Heating problem

Parelec

Any advise would be greatly appreciated:
My A2 is a 54 plate. I have an intermittent problem (although it's happening more & more). When I try to lower the temperature it doesn't reduce! It just continues to pump out hot air! I'm hoping we can sort it before the summer although the sooner the better as theirs no reduction in heat at all! It's all or nothing! Thanks for reading!

Quite possibly, it's a failure of the G263 sensor and replacement is fairly straight-forward:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...thout-removing-the-dash&highlight=g263+sensor

However, as a first line check, make sure that the actual air-con pump isn't goosed, by sliding your hand down to the pump (take bonnet off, locate pump which is at the bottom drivers side of the engine bay) and with the engine off, seeing if you can rotate the central square-ish section.

If you can, then the rubber clutch has gone and the pump has probably failed internally. If it's all solid, then you're probably fine and it'll be electrical (it could need a re-gas, but the chances are slim).

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Michael.

That's the good thing about not having climate, less problems :) I only say this due to the fact that I don't have climate :)

Back