Morland Mini-Meet

timmus

A2OC Donor
It was now almost exactly a year ago that myself, Murdo and Spike met up for lunch in Morland, not far from Shap Summit. We chatted about A2s and this fine club for a good few hours before taking the obligatory pictures of our cars in a line. It was at the end of a winter afternoon and the sun was already setting. As such, I've had to massage these photos to rescue the detail, to the slight detriment of image quality.
The silver A2 is Spike's TDI75. In the middle we have Murdo's Ebony TDI90 on its winter wheels. On the end is my Ebony TDI75, covered in a fine layer of motorway rubbish as usual.

Cheers,

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpg
    IMG_2109.jpg
    944.3 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_2121.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    845.4 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    713 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_2127.jpg
    IMG_2127.jpg
    958.5 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_2129.jpg
    IMG_2129.jpg
    772.1 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2135.jpg
    IMG_2135.jpg
    989.5 KB · Views: 327
What wheels are fitted to your car Tom? They look like A2 Sport (RS4) wheels but seem to be 16 inch diameter. Are my eyes just deceiving me?

What wheels are fitted to your car Tom? They look like A2 Sport (RS4) wheels but seem to be 16 inch diameter. Are my eyes just deceiving me?

Ah, I wondered who'd be the first to notice that. You're absolutely right; A2 Sport looks but the comfort of 16" wheels. I'll post about these in another thread at some point soon. :)

Cheers,

Tom

That's a while ago indeed! Our wee motors are looking good. Prefer my summer wheels but it's a much more comfy ride with the 15" on so it's likely they'll be on for the coming social too.

Prefer my summer wheels but it's a much more comfy ride with the 15" on so it's likely they'll be on for the coming social too.

You'll also get better economy on your road trip with those light, skinny wheels. Pros and cons, etc. :)

Last edited:
For anyone visiting Cumbria, the Mill Yard Café in Morland is a nice place to stop - http://www.millyardcafe.co.uk/

The pics of our 3 cars were taken in the Hall car park which is 100 metres down the road and open to customers visiting the café.

Happy memories

Cheers Spike

I wondered if Timmus would have posted the couple of shots with us in them to prove that Spike is a real person and not a highly intuitive and mechanically gifted search engine!!! We've had enquiries from Google wanting to buy our the software! !

No offence Graham. Just extolling your virtues!

I wondered if Timmus would have posted the couple of shots with us in them to prove that Spike is a real person and not a highly intuitive and mechanically gifted search engine!!! We've had enquiries from Google wanting to buy our the software! !

No offence Graham. Just extolling your virtues!

I'm like the Stig of A2 tech data so my identity cannot be revealed.

It was pretty difficult to eat my bacon butty in the café with my white crash helmet on though.

Cheers Spike

Back