Mini with roof down today !!!!!

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
It was cold and wet this morning.

I was amazed when a guy passed me on the M25 in a mini with the roof down and wipers going!!!

I thought he might have just had a problem with the roof perhaps and couldn't raise it, but he was wearing an aviator style of hat and so it looked deliberate!!!

Still, it made me smile at least.

Steve B

I have always liked the look of the Mini but stayed away from it because you are hard pushed to put a weeks shopping in the boot. Ive never driven one but friends in the 50+ age bracket tell me that it is an horrendous teeth chattering ride that will guarantee many visits to a chiroprator. :)

I have always liked the look of the Mini but stayed away from it because you are hard pushed to put a weeks shopping in the boot. Ive never driven one but friends in the 50+ age bracket tell me that it is an horrendous teeth chattering ride that will guarantee many visits to a chiroprator. :)

I had one for a while and I managed to squeeze 19" alloys on it, looked great but a "firm" ride. Cornered like a go kart.
I had the John Cooper works upgrade to the Cooper S too.

Strangely enough I never really "took" to the car and sold it a few months later.

Too small for me, but great little cars (Not as great as the A2 of course)

Steve B

I had an original "B" reg 1964 Mini Cooper which was white with a black roof. On tickover it would have a light growl from the engine as if to say, "come on drive me if you dare". It wasn,t that fast compared to todays standards but it was a lot of fun.
It was one of those, "I wish i had kept it cars", as the original, "Italian job", 1960,s , Cooper S cars are now fetching between 30 and 40 thousand pounds. The new John Cooper S cars are one good looking motor but bring with them hefty insurance renewals. Something that really i didnt consider way back then. :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with a guy driving a mini convertible, a beetle convertible yes but not a mini , I like em

Back