Search for the holy grail starts today

Pat J

Whilst bored in work today I was fiddling with my new A2 as you do and found out via the indentation marks on the carpet and two clips near the rear seat that my car originally had a rear cup holder fitted and the previous and only owner has removed it for some reason I'm proper gutted.
Are these available from the dealers still or is it going to be a lucky strike on eBay to find one?

Whilst bored in work today I was fiddling with my new A2 as you do and found out via the indentation marks on the carpet and two clips near the rear seat that my car originally had a rear cup holder fitted and the previous and only owner has removed it for some reason I'm proper gutted.
Are these available from the dealers still or is it going to be a lucky strike on eBay to find one?

They are still available, but two of the small components that are used on the rear connector are no longer available. But the unit still fits firmly enough without the rear connectors.

Price them up at Stoke Audi perhaps, they are dear but worth it (in my view)

Steve B

You are very lucky to have these clips Pat as these are the only items relating to the rear cup holder which are no longer available to buy from the dealers. The cup holder itself is £107 plus vat. Now if you want to sell the clips i may be tempted to make you an offer as mine doesnt have them ...........:)

You are very lucky to have these clips Pat as these are the only items relating to the rear cup holder which are no longer available to buy from the dealers. The cup holder itself is £107 plus vat. Now if you want to sell the clips i may be tempted to make you an offer as mine doesnt have them ...........:)

Hi,

Yes, I hadn't spotted that, if you still have the rear mountings than that is great, away you go!!!

Steve B

Could someone confirm what part numbers I need to ask for so I can have this back in my car would make life a lot easier with little lads drinks in the back.
All help and advice appreciated as usual:cool:

The cup holder is available in black, grey and platinum, part no V8Z0 863 476 4PK.
The front and rear brackets are V8Z0 864 080 and V8Z0 864 079 A. They do very occasionally come up on ebay - i saw two last year that sold very very quickly.
Ta
Dave
:)

I ordered the brackets last year and they were available through the back order system. I think they took around two weeks to arrive at my local dealer. :)

The part number listed above has been superseded with 8Z0863476A 4PK

That little A more than doubles the price according to amd-trade, I tried ordering the cheaper one three times in different colours and kept getting emails saying it was no longer available. The more expensive one is €122.26 from them, which works out at £90 + postage.

Back