Manual air con dials, any issues?

Jeffers66

A2OC Donor
Hi all, been looking at another A2 for sale which has the older dial turn air con controls, does anyone know of any big issues to watch out for on these, ok it's not climate but at least there's no button wear! Any feedback much appreciated, cheers:)

Ive had experience of these dials in Polo,s and Golf,s - i would think them very similar. I never had any problems whatsoever other than the "backlight" bulb blowing. This is easily fixed as the center dial pulls out easily and the bulb is at the back of it - doddle to change !.
Ta
Dave.
:)

Hi Jeffers66

Welcome to the forum. I have the dials in my A2 and not encountered any issues thus far

Kind regards
Hassan

Last edited:
Just to correct the fact that any A2 with the rotary heater controls does NOT have air conditioning.

Air conditioning was only available with cars that have the digital climate control system.

I have "non aircon " rotary dials and the only problem bring the soft touch coating coming off. But they are black underneath so it's only a case of rubbing the offending coating off to stop it looking fuzzy. Cheers Mike

Back