RNS E user manual

This is the MK1 RNSE Manual I believe Steve.

It looks like the one I found online when Mike first got his RNSE MK1 which is different to the physical Manual for the MK2 version that I obtained.

My RNSE MK2 manual mentions that you can have 2 x 32GB cards and this manual mentions only 32MB, 64MB, 128MB and 256MB as being used.

RNSE MK2 SD card details: FAT32 and the limit is 15,000 files (with a maximum of 5000 directories with a max of 2000 files each).

RNSE MK1 SD Card details: FAT or FAT32 methods. The maximum number per medium is limited to 400 files and 256 file folders.

In case anyone is interested.

This is the MK1 RNSE Manual I believe Steve.

It looks like the one I found online when Mike first got his RNSE MK1 which is different to the physical Manual for the MK2 version that I obtained.

My RNSE MK2 manual mentions that you can have 2 x 32GB cards and this manual mentions only 32MB, 64MB, 128MB and 256MB as being used.

RNSE MK2 SD card details: FAT32 and the limit is 15,000 files (with a maximum of 5000 directories with a max of 2000 files each).

RNSE MK1 SD Card details: FAT or FAT32 methods. The maximum number per medium is limited to 400 files and 256 file folders.

In case anyone is interested.

Yes, this is a MK1 manual (you can also tell by the CD/TV button, it says "Media" on our Mk2s.

I would really like to find a MK2 one with SDS (Voice activation) and telephone, I don't think there are any online versions.
I have managed to figure out most things but it is not obvious how to save telephone numbers and Sat Nav addresses with a voice name "tag".

Steve B

Last edited:
Apparently the Audi part number for the RNS-E 3G (ie. the mk2 version) is 111.562.729.21. Perhaps it's possible to order it?

I'd like to know why even though I've got about 2-3GB free on both of my 32GB memory cards, some of my folders are incomplete - ie. songs are completely missing according to the head unit, but they're there on the card when you browse them on the PC?

There are a few limitations on SD cards shown in this link from Tyresmoke, post 5 onwards - http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/topic/94636-rns-e-navi-plus-sd-card-limitation/

Cheers Spike

Those limitations are for the Mark 1 version though Spike and not the Mark 2.

Dan, I have version 112.52.729.20 (dated 11.2010).

Regarding your files that the RNSE can't see would any of them have DRM protection on them, as the manual says it does not support DRM protected files.
The other thing I found was that I had to go through my folders after copying them to the SDHC card and remove anything that wasn't an mp3 file for it to read that folder.

Steve, the manual I've got has about 15 pages on SDS I'll try an get time to scan them for you tomorrow.

Vonnie

Steve, the manual I've got has about 15 pages on SDS I'll try an get time to scan them for you tomorrow.
Vonnie

HI Vonnie, that is so kind of you, but please don't spend a lot of your time on this, I am sure you have lots of other things on your "to do" list!

I am in no rush at all.

Thanks
Steve B

Back