My new Ebony Black 1.6 FSI Sport

S2Dicky

My Ebony Black 1.6 FSI Sport

Well I guess this is the best place for it.

Bought our new 2003 1.6 FSI Sport on 14th February this year. She completes our stable and joins my Audi allroad for good company.

image.jpg

Done a few jobs already, including a full service, new Bosch windscreen wiper, replace the two worn air con buttons with some from an A4 till I can get A2 replacements. New brake light switch.

image.jpg

Fitted new lower boot carpet and modified it as they are different between two seats and the bench

image.jpg

Cleared out around the battery area and tools, I don't think I'm missing anything?

image.jpg

New key fob

image.jpg

I fitted a nice bluetooth kit in over the weekend which also does any music off our devices as well as telephone calls and has a nice wireless remote. USB charging sockets to be fitted.

As with a lot of FSI she is not running a sweet as I would like and I have various codes, we have put it down to a split EGR pipe so I have a new one and that's being fitted on Thursday.

I have ordered a reversing camera for those tight spots and the screen is going in the rear view mirror location. I have also ordered auto headlights and will be retro fitting front fog lights when I can track some down for the right money.

I have just had delivered a set of genuine cente caps to replace those on the wheels.

Best thing I did was replace the horrid/dangerous "ditch finders" it had fitted when I got it, which were Landsail and I had never heard of them before. They were noisey and kept trying to drag me into the hedgerow. In the rain they were scary, I had all suspension checked and fine. I fitted new Falken's all round and it's like night and day the car drives spot on now, I wouldn't let my wife drive on the old tyres as they were that bad, it almost seemed a shame as the had 6-7 mm of tread but I say good riddance.

I am sure there will be plenty more going on I will try and update this as I go. I am sure it will keep me busy.

Last edited:
My A2 does not seem to have the top empty plastic box with wires? As seen hereImageUploadedByTapatalk1425426308.622688.jpg

This area in mine is empty?

Looking good!

I think the only things missing are the tyre repair bottle and centre cap removal tool.

I have picked up centre cap removal tool and am on the look out for a genuine tyre repair bottle, I have a slime one just in case for now.

Also fitted my new centre caps and found why the old ones were falling off due to the metal clip not being fitted properly...
But at least now I have the correct ones fitted

I have picked up centre cap removal tool and am on the look out for a genuine tyre repair bottle, I have a slime one just in case for now.

Also fitted my new centre caps and found why the old ones were falling off due to the metal clip not being fitted properly...
But at least now I have the correct ones fitted

I bought the removal tool as well £1.70 i think it was.

Good news on the wheel caps!

Not sure what that bit is, anybody have any ideas?
Every A2 I have ever owned has that same hole with wires.

I will leave it to the experts to confirm what was supposed to be in there, I thought it was related to the standard A2 Sat Nav that was an option, but that is just an assumption.

Steve B

Had the new EGR pipe fitted today and the old one had a 3" split in it! She now runs much quieter and smoother.

Although there is still an air leak error code..... Tick over is a little rough, and my mechanic found that the breather pipe inlet manifold to the engine breather had a split in it and had been bodged with another pipe in it, so going to change that asap.

Gave both my fleet a wash today and now have the plate moved onto the A2 and it looks so much better with the new centre caps all fitted, I hated the old caps and the fact that I started with one missing and then lost another....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    988.4 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Gave both my fleet a wash today and now have the plate moved onto the A2 and it looks so much better with the new centre caps all fitted, I hated the old caps and the fact that I started with one missing and then lost another....

Looks stunning and black with the 17" sport alloys is my favourite.

Steve B

I will bet that you will find it nice and easy to fit and get working and you will like the new functions a LOT.

I am very pleased with this kit and at such a good price too.

Steve B

I will bet that you will find it nice and easy to fit and get working and you will like the new functions a LOT.

I am very pleased with this kit and at such a good price too.

Steve B

As you say that was easy, all fitted up and appears to work nicely although not tested at night yet. I think I will get a kit for my allroad as well.

My A2 does not seem to have the top empty plastic box with wires? As seen hereView attachment 18293

This area in mine is empty?

Hi,

The grey box in the boot is part of the Diversity system for the radio aerial. I'm pretty sure cars with the 'Chorus' radio system don't use Diversity, 'Concert' cars do I know, but I'm unsure of other radios. Could this explain perhaps?

There's a bit more information here. http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?17554-No-FM-Radio!

Regards,

Matt.

Ahh ha, thanks Matt. My car most likely had a Audi Tape fitted from new then? It now has a Concert II, fitted by myself.

Back