My little Akoya

Dal

A2OC Donor
My little Akoya Tdi (75)

Bought my little Akoya last winter as I've a 65-70 mile a day commute and it seemed a nice comfy and economical way to do it.

Found a '54 plate 1.4TDi SE eventually after trying a few:

15884535548_15371821ff_c.jpg

Only had 74000 miles on it when I got it (now on 77177) and a full service history. Drives like a dream and the only thing that needs doing it the climate buttons so nothing really. It looks like someone previously went up a kerb and pulled the bottom of the front bumper back so will need to see if that's repairable.
It had a new cambelt and water pump (metal vaned) when I bought it so should be good for a fair few miles to come.

I've got a spare set of 7 spoke 17s for it as I like to have a spare set (the other half can use them on her TT as well if she needs to) and I've got some 15s to refurb before possibly getting some winter tyres for them.

Last edited:
Hi Dal,
I have a 55 plate Akoya like yours and they are a great car. I love the colour too. Enjoy:cool::D

Reactions: Dal
I have the same problem with the bumper and the undertray. Looks like someone reversed off a kerb and pulled the bumper away from the undertray. Need to have a look at refitting them.

Bought one the same colour as this ... do really like the colour ... is yours a 75 or 90 ...

Reactions: Dal
Just a little 75. Goes as well as a 90 I test drove. Not sure if this mapped or 90 running poorly though lol

The O/H was out putting an Xcarlink in her TT today so thought I'd mooch about and happened to look under my A2 to be presented with an inner tyre wall that had seen better days!

16894719901_340e32d427_c.jpg

Pirelli P6000 - hard as a rock and never wear out - but do crack!

I don't think it's been there too long as it looked fairly clean on the inside but I didn't hesitate in getting it off! I've a spare set of 17s to put on but was only when I got them out I noticed a slight bulge in one of the inner edges. Bums, not my day. Luckily I've a spare virtually new 17" tyre so I'll get that swapped over tomorrow.

So as my little Akoya stands at the moment, he's got a pair of 16s and a pair of 17s as there's not a decent set of 4!

16708068898_b86d11d3be_c.jpg

Last edited:
Just as well you spotted it .. dread to think if that had gone ... the o/h jeff has a 90 bhp with a stealth remap ... goes like a pocket rocket .. whereas i drive a 75 with stealth remap ..

The A2 looks so much better with 17s in my opinion. Its how all cars should have left the factory.

Yeah, I think it looks better on 17s too.

I got the tyre swapped over to find that there were 2 minor flat spots on the inner edge of the alloy causing it to lose air very slowly. Getting it straightened today so should be back on the car over the weekend.

Yeah, but I like to be safe rather than sorry! It doesn't run to bad on 16s and 17s :eek:

When i bought my car it had been "stood" for a while and two of the tyres deflated slowly. A visit to my local tyre dealer diagnosed that the alloys needed a refurb and were not providing an adequate seal. Not only do they look better but the tyres now stay inflated !.
Ta
Dave
:)

Back