F1 fans rejoice!

A2 Cars

The 2015 Formula 1 season gets underway this weekend - YAAAY!!

I'm a red man, but would like to see Alonso in the McLaren do well.

blue skies
tony

I was up early to watch the qualifying, good to see Ferrari doing well but gutted about Red Bull not doing so well.
I'm going to Silverstone this year for the practice, qualifying and race day, managed to get seats on the pit straight. I'll be up early tomorrow for the race, can't wait.

Thanks Paul :eek:.
I was up early also - but for a timing belt change at the workshop!
I have recorded the qualy sessions. Early up again tomorrow - think I'll have my curry fast tonight :eek:.

blue skies
tony

It has been muted in certain quarters that there is something odd going on with fernando Alonso,s crash and subsequent "recovery" time. It could well be that he knows that all is not well with his car at the moment and it could be a long and frustrating season for him and Mclaren Honda ?.

At least I didn't give the results away :) Sounds sad but looking forward to the race tomorrow, the tension on the starting grid and waiting for the lights to go green, then seeing who leads after the first corner :)

Thanks Paul :eek:.
I was up early also - but for a timing belt change at the workshop!
I have recorded the qualy sessions. Early up again tomorrow - think I'll have my curry fast tonight :eek:.

blue skies
tony

I'm a red man, but would like to see Alonso in the McLaren do well.
I followed Irvine to Ferrari and then adopted Massa as my no.1 driver -- being an ex-Tifosi and having lost 2006 to Alonso I'm loving his ill-timed move to McLaren! Alonso & Kimi saw me fully switch allegiance to Williams with Massa, couldn't abide that line-up but it's nice to see Vettel in red at the pointy end. Hopefully their economy will see them drop back a bit from Williams in the race though!
Can't believe how strong Merc are, Albert Park never offers an accurate look at the form-book though.

Mercedes are in a league of their own. I am a Red Bull fan but can't understand their logic in bringing in young drivers and not trying to get the best drivers e.g Alonso or even Button.

I don't "understand" it but if Ricciardo proves that last year wasn't a fluke with Seb simply off-form, I guess it's working. So why pay for the privilege of a 'top' driver? Be interesting to see how Kvyat progresses, didn't know what to make of his 2014 season. My only complaint is the amount of careers that they've ended -- F1 or nothing being the mantra.
Do wish that I had Sky, hate not watching the season opener live.

I would like to see button do well in what could be his last season however Honda are not exactly getting off to a great start. Suspect it will be a season dominated by Mercedes with possibly Williams doing quite well. Not a Ferrari fan so hope they stay down the grid.

Mercedes are in a league of their own, I won't discuss the result yet as people might have recorded it. I was sad enough to wake up and watch it a 430am.

For anybody without Sky, you can watch it on the German RTL TV network, Astra 19 (FTA).

RAB

I watched the race, some good duelling but rather sad so few cars got to start the event and even fewer finishing.
Where does all that development money go you have to wonder?

blue skies
tony

Sad thing is Tony is that with the cut in testing and of course a new engine technology it's not surprising so many cars started and finished the race

Bernie Eccleston has been quoted saying that the engine has to be changed ASAP to V8 1000bhp due to the lack of noise.
Looking forward to this weekends race, looks like Rosberg has lost the plot....

received_10205433089959112.jpeg
Screenshot_2015-04-17-23-38-05.png

Thought I would share one of my favourite bits of my F1 memorabilia. It's the rear slick tyre used on Michael Schumachers Benetton car in 1995 ( See picture) , eventually I want to turn it into some sort of table.

Verstappen has been very impressive especially at China. Some of his overtaking was immense, I'm sure next season he will be snapped up by a bigger team Redbull Racing no doubt.

Back