my A2 12 months in

vespa166

A2OC Donor
audi a2 winters on.JPGwearing its winter boots.

audi a2 march 2015.JPG After selling 17" wheels via forum and switching to the 15"pepperpots i ended up purchasing another set of 17" via forum, yes the 15" is a less bumpy experience but the 17" wheels look a hell of a lot better and find a decent road (rare in the uk i no) very little difference in ride quality.

A few mods done to the car since purchase, include led interior upgrade, led side and number plate lights, HID kit and wind deflectors along with the button change to the climate control panel, a few little things left to do include fitting new aero wiper arm and led fogs.

Must thank a few members for the above mods after helpful advice given after there own experiences, Steve B and A2sumo, along with wilco184 for that superb remedy to the annoying rear interior light solution.

The previous owner had went to the expense of upgrading the suspension to koni before my purchase and fitted a good aftermarket sound system which at first i wasn't to keen on and intended to switch back to the audi concert unit but it has grown on me since i managed to use my none existent technical skills and switch the background display to red to match the rest of the cars interior illumination. Also I intended a trip to stealth for a remap until a slight hiccup occurred that had me baffled and scouring the forum for a solution to no avail which led me down to Milton Keynes to put my A2 into the capable hands of Tony, who diagnosed and solved the issue (abs wheel speed sensor and loom) but also gave me the news that the car was already remapped.

It's been a long time since a car has got a hold on me like the A2 has, initially i went out to purchase a cheap reliable run about that would save on fuel and road license cost, so glad i picked the A2 as the one.;)

GREAT CAR GREAT FORUM.

audi a2 3.JPG Summer shoes.

hids.JPG HIDS

dash red.JPG aftermarket stereo illumination.

Last edited:
Looks to be a very nice, well cared for example! :)

Out of interest, do you happen to know what colour temperature HID kit you have please? They look to have a slight blue tint.

Regards,

Matt.

Looking good

I had been wondering about pepper pots for winters but hadn't seen any on an A2 look good

Looking good

I had been wondering about pepper pots for winters but hadn't seen any on an A2 look good

Popular choice off wheel, very light and some bargains about come summertime, often already fitted with the right size winter tyres, you can sometimes pay more for the genuine centre caps than a wheel itself so if your going that route look for a set with centre caps included.

Same colour i think, pictures 2 and 3 have been enhanced by the camera app on my phone, picture 1 looks the same azure blue.

A few pictures from the past 12 months of ownership.a2 landscape.jpga2 on hol 2.jpg

Just checked paperwork and on purchase the car was showing 84500 on the clock, now showing 92350, my previous car averaged 5k a year over my 5 year ownership, it's my daily commute and dad's taxi and as you can see from the pictures i like to jump in at weekends and throw the camping equipment in the back and take it to some beautiful landscaped areas.

And this is one of the reasons the A2 grows on me, the more i push it the better it gets. unbelievable economy and practicability from a car that is over 12 years old.

I went camping once but after leaving the site someone broke the padlock and zip and stole my sleeping bag. It was burglary "within tent" ! :)

I went camping once but after leaving the site someone broke the padlock and zip and stole my sleeping bag. It was burglary "within tent" ! :)

Good one!

I went to the doctors and said that, one minute I think I am a wigwam the next minute I think I am a marquee.

He said, you know what your problem is

"You are two tents".

That probably works slightly better as a spoken joke, but even then it is not that funny I suppose.

Sorry for the significant thread swerve. (happy to delete this if you want)

Steve B

Last edited:
No all is well let them remain, seeing as it's MY thread may i say, your choice of car is superb but your jokes are another matter.;)

A few pictures from the past 12 months of ownership.View attachment 18655View attachment 18656

Just checked paperwork and on purchase the car was showing 84500 on the clock, now showing 92350, my previous car averaged 5k a year over my 5 year ownership, it's my daily commute and dad's taxi and as you can see from the pictures i like to jump in at weekends and throw the camping equipment in the back and take it to some beautiful landscaped areas.

And this is one of the reasons the A2 grows on me, the more i push it the better it gets. unbelievable economy and practicability from a car that is over 12 years old.

Hi, where are you camping there, it looks lovely. Did you just pull up and camp or was it some sort of site? Looks really nice. Me and my two boys love camping.

Scott, north of the border, wild camping, very basic the way it should be, pitch at dusk leave at dawn, respect the land.

Good news, 12 months mot on car with only 2 advisory's nsr and osr approaching minimum depth, so happy with that. clocked up just over 8k since last mot test which is nearly double what i used to do in previous car but I've got a habit of taking long routes home on my commutes as i enjoy driving it:D

found a quirky little thing with the a2 in the testing station today whilst watching and waiting....had a good laugh with the tester, standing facing the side of the car nicely polished as always and right lighting i discovered the blackpool mirror effects which always brings a chuckle (little legs big torso, vice versa moving around) using the lines of the bodywork.

so no niggles to report, cars running a dream smooth and tight, and servicing was made so much easier this time round after Tony (A2 CARS) sorted those rusted bolts under the front arches for removing the engine cover.

next milestone 100k sometime around january i predict and hopefully engine should be broke in by then:p

24 months in and slightly later than expected the milestonemilestone 100k.JPG.

nobody mentioned at 100k it's possible for the a2 to give birth to another one;)....well it happened here.

black 1.JPG.

another 75tdi se, in gleaming black,soon to be handed over to the wifey, 2004, 117000miles. earth strap sorted, aircon flaps worked abit and sorted, undertray on order and fitted interior led's and the 17" wheels that were gathering dust in the garage over the winter months.

black 2.JPG

addictive little things:D

Back