Little One

6stings

A2OC Donor
Alright!

It's Cobalt Blue 1.6 FSI made in Neckarsulm, Germany on a sunny day in December 2003.
Imported from Germany by the previous owner in 2007, who sold it to me in April 2014.

It came to me in with the sport seats, 3-spoke stearing wheel, sky roof, winter package and 96700 km (60086 miles) on the counter.
Except for the TT rims and the rear cup holder, I didn't modify anything, yet.

The parts I got replaced, some had to be replaced, most of them had not:
- new rear brake discs
- new rear brake calippers
- new summer tires on TT 17" rims
- new winter tires on TT 17" rims
- new EGR
- new EGR pipe
- new exhaust line, the whole line
- new wheel bearings
- new shock absorbers, all 4
- new timing belt
- new water pump and all tensioners
- new MAF
- new throttle body
- new generator
- new crank shaft sensor
- new petrol pump
- new petrol pressure valve
- new window viper arm
- new oil, air and petrol filters, twice
- new G83 and G62 sensors
- new front suspension arms (querlenker)

The parts I have in backup:
- old throttle body cleaned
- window wiper motor
- 2 new window viper arms
- 6 viper blades
- front lights
- grill flap
- 2 sets of ignition coils
- 3 sets of spark plugs
- 2 more sets of TT rims
- fuel pump
- 2 driver door cards/window motors
- 2 1.6 FSI ECUs
- 2 pair of keys, probably matching ECUs
- instrument cluster DIS matching one of ECUs/keys (I think)
- accelerator pedal
- Remus rear exhaust pot and ProjektZwo rear trim and exhaust tips (mounted)
- driver side mirror (parts used to fix the old one)
- bunch of sensors I don't know the names of
- roof bars
- door bottom strips
- 16" original wheels

I got 121500 km (75496 miles) on the counter today.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Cheers,
Darko

Last edited:
I like the new nose much better.

First fitted into the old frame, looked good, but didn't close as good as 'the dirt hater' wanted it to

6AA5AF15-6C94-4C99-A9F7-9D919AF43B30 (2).JPG

FullSizeRender - Copy (2).jpg

Then it's fitted with the it's own frame and everything was just fine.

FullSizeRender (1) - Copy.jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Hi Darko,

A fantastic car you have. :)

I'm interested to learn about your roof mounted aerial? Is this for the radio or is your car fitted with the DIS based navigation?

Regards,

Matt.

Hi Matt, thanks, I think all A2s are fantastic.

The antenna is for the phone, there is a Nokia hand free connection under the empti shell under the radio.

I have the whole old Nokia kit with the phone, but can't figure out how to convert it to something thet can be used with iphone or ipad.
When I connect the cradle, the radio display says 'phone', but that's how far I get :)
The iphone refuses to catch Nokia via bluetooth.

125500 km (77982 miles) on the counter. That's 28800 km (17895 miles) in a year, not bad at all.

New front brake callipers, check, MTEC front and rear brake discs, check, Mintex front and rear brake pads, check, new oil at 15000 km interval, check, new oil filter, check, service interval reseted, check.

The oil filter changed without removing anything. A few turns with the adjustable wrench from above to make it little loose and then a few turns with the hand from below, that was all. The new filter, reverse procedure, no problem.

Hi Darko

Looks a very good specimen :) In the under belly photo there seems to be very little rust on the front suspension arms (wish bones). Far less than mine with the same mileage, They are not mentioned in your 1st post as having been replaced. Have they been restored or treated? Maybe less less salt is used on Norwegian roads.

Hi Darko

Looks a very good specimen :) In the under belly photo there seems to be very little rust on the front suspension arms (wish bones). Far less than mine with the same mileage, They are not mentioned in your 1st post as having been replaced. Have they been restored or treated? Maybe less less salt is used on Norwegian roads.

Hi Alan,
I have to check the list of replacements I did in Germany, maybe they were replaced, my German is not very good, maybe I didn't translate everything. I just told the guys to replace everything that should be replaced, I guess they did the wishbones too. I know they haven't be restored or treated.

As for the salt, that's the worst thing here in South Norway, I have nightmares because of it!

I have been dreaming of this mod since I have the car. Care to tell us where to get the same trim/exhaust?
Are the 2 pipes useful or only one ?

Cheers

I wish I could help you, Captain, I was just lucky to find the whole rear package here in Norway. You should talk to Shao Kan, he has been tracking Projekt Zwo trims around, he knows who has Zwo's in UK. I haven't seen any for sale here, since I got this one.
Only the left pipe is real, the right one is a dummy.

Thanks for the quick answer
I have since the post found the other post where you explain what you did.
I am meeting Shao Kan next week, so I will ask him.
Cheers

Thanks for the quick answer
I have since the post found the other post where you explain what you did.
I am meeting Shao Kan next week, so I will ask him.
Cheers

I still haven't glued the trim to the bumper cover, I want it to be removable, in case I get an other A2 later.
5 black screws hold the top edge and two undretray screws, the same two that hold the bumper cover. A rubber sealer taped inside the edge to prevent the dirt to get inside the trim. Everything's black, invisible.
And I made a special brackets to hold both pipes in place.

...In the under belly photo there seems to be very little rust on the front suspension arms (wish bones). Far less than mine with the same mileage, They are not mentioned in your 1st post as having been replaced. Have they been restored or treated?

Alan, both front suspension arms were replaced in Germany, when they took all the rusty parts off.
I found them on the service bill 'querlenker'. They fixed the whole suspension, I forgot the wish bones :) Maybe I forgot something else, I have to go through the papers again

querlenker.jpg

Hey, I have a photo of the new querlenker from that day too :)

IMG_9891 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Darko. The wishbones did look too good to be originals.

I was speaking to Tony at A2 Cars about replacing mine at some future date. He suggested considering sandblasting but as the wishbones are hollow I'm not too sure how thoroughly they could be sandblaster. On the other hand, after sandblasting they could be galvanised and then top coated for improved rust protection.

Alan, if the wishbones have to be removed for the sandblasting, galvanising and painting, there would be lot of work there. If someone does that for free, than fine, but over here, that would not be a cheap treatment.

A pair of querlenkers on my bill from Germany were 217 Euro, I guess with the work included, since I can't see that any work was separately specified.

Back