Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buzzing speakers

Buzzing speakers

Hi all. As I have been driving a long I have noticed a buzzing from the speak in the back, Tonight I sat in the back while my wife drove and with the radio off, there is a buzzing in the little speaker near the door handle. It buzzes in time with the sparkplugs firing. Speeding up and slowing down with the engine speed. I noticed it on both back speakers. Any idea's? I cleaned the earth as suggested on the site and the car is running slightly better but still not right. Oh, and I broke the oil filler pipe. It was crispy and hard, luckily I had a similar size gas pipe which I have replaced it with. Not before it dumped a load of fresh oil on my tar driveway.

Do you have a aftermarket stereo fitted or xenon kit?

They can sometimes cause issues like this.
    2003 Audi A2 1.4 TDI Sport | Metallic Grey | 17" RS4's | DIS | Aero Wiper | Concert II CD Player | Electronic Climate Control | Fog Lights | Slatted Grille | Black Matrix Electric Sport Seats | False Boot Floor | Silver Indicator Bulbs | Xenon Headlights | Philips 360 LED Side Lights

HI,

Do you have access to a VCDS scan?

I had this problem on my front tweeters. The VCDS scan showed an intermittent short.

The tweeter had not been put back in right and the insulation around the wires had broken this allowed the wire to short against the body.

Steve B
    White (non-Factory) TDI 90 - BOSE, MFSW, DIS, Headlamp washers, rear cupholders, Votex style rear spoiler, Votex body kit (in progress), Heated (twist) leather, double DIN, Colour DIS (in progress), rear Power Socket, false floor, 17" S3 alloys, Auto dimming mirror, heated door mirrors, 4 electric windows, Front fogs.

VCDS and Key programming service, Votex Jacking points available.

The radio is Audi Concert and is the original one for the car. No xenons fitted. I have an OBDII scanner but no VCDS. THe OBDII tells me nothing is wrong. I will pop the speakers out and check the wiring. thanks

Hi, I have the same issue.

Did you manage to get to the bottom of it? When I swapped one of mine yesterday the wires all looked fine with no exposed bits from what I can see. I also tried Steve's good suggestion of doing a scan but unfortunately it didn't come up with anything.

Thanks

Nope, no fix as yet. I have bought a suppressor and will fit it soon. However I believe that earthing is the problem as the buzzing is only one of the problems. Let me know if you find anything.
    Thanks

Ok, will do, and good luck with it....

Hi, I just came across this link:
    http://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a2/..._sound_system/

it indicates an amp being under the drivers footwell... it might be worth looking at the connections here in and out of it if there is an amp in the car...

Quote Originally Posted by leehallum View Post
    Hi, I just came across this link:
    http://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a2/..._sound_system/

it indicates an amp being under the drivers footwell... it might be worth looking at the connections here in and out of it if there is an amp in the car...

That amp is there is you have four speakers active in your A2. It is not there if you only have front speakers on your A2.

Steve B
    White (non-Factory) TDI 90 - BOSE, MFSW, DIS, Headlamp washers, rear cupholders, Votex style rear spoiler, Votex body kit (in progress), Heated (twist) leather, double DIN, Colour DIS (in progress), rear Power Socket, false floor, 17" S3 alloys, Auto dimming mirror, heated door mirrors, 4 electric windows, Front fogs.

VCDS and Key programming service, Votex Jacking points available.

Quote Originally Posted by Birchall View Post
    That amp is there is you have four speakers active in your A2. It is not there if you only have front speakers on your A2.

Steve B
    Thanks Steve, I have the four speakers on mine, do you think it is worth looking at the amp as a potential cause, I am sure you will have a much better idea on this than I do : )