How to take the rear spoiler off?

6stings

A2OC Donor
I saw yesterday that the rubber between the spoiler and the glass was little loose in the left corner on the bottom side.
I'd like to fix that, but how to remove the spoiler? Is it bolted or glued?

Cheers
Darko

Generally i believe its not a wise idea to remove the spoiler at all .. if what ive seen is correct they are glued and bolted to the glass .. you would probably be better just to glue the strip back in place ... most threads ive seen all advise against removal ...

I really want another spoiler but until then, i would like to take off the old one. I would like to be able to do it myself if it can save me a few bucks. Thanks

I really want another spoiler but until then, i would like to take off the old one. I would like to be able to do it myself if it can save me a few bucks. Thanks
When you say that you really want another spoiler do you mean a non-Audi one? Or do you mean to replace your standard audi one with another one the same but undamaged?

the non-Audi ones and the only alternative Audi ones (VERY rare indeed) are attached to the existing standard spoiler and so that isnt removed.

So i sm really not sure why you need to remove yours,especially when it is not a simple or even recommended thing to do.
If i have misunderstood your reasoning thrn i am sorry.

Steve B

Hi Sam ... although not advisable to remove .. if you really want to there is an old thread by Audiobull .. dated 17.4.14. You may want to view that beforehand as he has postd some pics on there ... perhaps give him a shout ... zippy

Hi Jeff?

If you want to post the actual link it is easy enough (once you know how)

just go to the post and then click on the web URL in the internet address window and copy the address in that window and paste it in your post.

cheers
steve B

Hi Mr B ... its zip .. i found it on google as i remember the photos showing how it looked to be fair ... not sure on how to post links so tried to put as much info on as possible .. im a technophobe lol ... jeffs the computer /photo /brains of this outfit.... zip

Hi Zip
some people woukd not have bothered to post anything if they didn't know how to post a link, so it is great that you did that.
You did give enough info, so i will have a look myself and post the link.

Thank you for the info, i will add the post to the "how to" list when i have it.

Steve B

My mistake it appears it was ripped off .. the thread on google wasnt clear with the pics ... the pics that are there show what the window looks like without the spoiler ... recommendation is i still wouldnt remove it .. id be interested to know what spoiler you are thinking of using to replace it though ..

I looked at this thread because of a problem I have with my rear spoiler (thinking that removing/refitting might be the solution - clearly not). The problem is that I have a trickle of water (outside) running off the spoiler and then running down the rear panel - the thing is that it appears to be rusty (?) and is leaving a rust trail down the rear hatch panel. I can polish this mark off but I was wondering if there is a metal component in the spoiler that needs attention, now I know it's bonded on I'm wondering where this rusty water is coming from ?

I looked at this thread because of a problem I have with my rear spoiler (thinking that removing/refitting might be the solution - clearly not). The problem is that I have a trickle of water (outside) running off the spoiler and then running down the rear panel - the thing is that it appears to be rusty (?) and is leaving a rust trail down the rear hatch panel. I can polish this mark off but I was wondering if there is a metal component in the spoiler that needs attention, now I know it's bonded on I'm wondering where this rusty water is coming from ?

I have this too. Now we know that there are steel plates holding the spoiler outside. Maybe some silicone on the rubber seal would help?

The fix for the water stains on the rear window is to drill two small holes on the underside of the spoiler - all the water will run out (I got over half a pint) and then you can polish off the stain. With the holes there it'll never accumulate water again and the problem won't come back.

Back